Accountancy qualification through the army

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by paulored, Apr 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I hope this is the right forum for my post.

I am currently working for one of the big 4 firms studying for my Accountancy ACA qualification. The problem I have is I want to join as an officer now and leave my firm but would also like to finish my qualification. I am locked in to a 4 year training contract but can buy my way out.

Does anyone know of any instances where the army has maybe funded someone to leave their current firm and complete their qualification after Sandhurst.

I have my ACA interview in May and I will discuss this with her, however it would be good to hear of any examples or knowledge of these circumstances in the past so that the interview and my questions could be a bit more focused.

Cheers everyone
  2. I can't think why you would need an accountancy (especially ACA) qualification in the Army. If you were to join AGC as an Officer and become the AGC Det. Commander, you get taught all you need on the YOs course. Similarly, for later life as an RAO, you get to do an RAOs course.

I wouldn't have thought you would get the opportunity to complete a civvi course you start before joining the Army, but you may be able to offset the course costs with your Learning Credits, in the same way I could offset an OU degree for example.

So, I think they wouldn't pay you to join, using your promise to complete the course as an incentive, but might encourage you to join the Army, knowing you want that particular lifestyle and could do an accounting related job for the Army.