Accordian players - what to do?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ciggie, Jul 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just got a mail from a Dutch mate who mentioned that he'd seen a Romanian gypsy playing the accordion, badly, outside their equivalent of Lidl in hope of reward. What kind of reward would you give an accordion-player, without consideration of their origins? Personally mine would be about the 9mm mark, administered to the back of the neck via one of Browning's finest. Over to you.
  2. dullard.....
  3. I found her outside Lidl.I'd give her one.But only one mind you.

4. Gimp-do I sense a squeezebox in your cupboard? And Van, JESUS!!!! Nothing like that goes near my Lidls!!!!
  5. That is my Lidl and how i dress at weekends is my own business!!!!
  6. Ask him to play the sash!
  7. If there is music in hell, it's played on an accordion!

Vvanmannnnnn, don't forget to take precautions... like tying your foot to the radiator! Mind you, most of the shoppers in our local Lidl look like the guy in the background with the blue jogging bottoms and stylish black shoes (don't you just KNOW he smells of wee and woodbines!)
  8. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

9. Never mind Rampant`s old bollox, just Google "Jimmy Shand and his Band"
  10. I'll have you know that ARRSE orthodoxy has it that the 1950s were the pinnacle of human achievement and therefore the musical tastes of the day are unimpeachable!

Take yourself off to Brother MDN for his own special brand of 're-education'. Don't diss the Shandmeister!
  11. Well. fair enough, there are some bits of accordion music that are worth listening to...once or twice, and with long intervals. Accordion players have obviously been immersed in that kind of music for excessive amounts of time. Perhaps that is what creates individuals like Lord Mandelson of Bumrub, Robbie Williams and Raoul Moat, all in the media at the moment and all, I suspect, subjected to intensive accordion-playing from an early age. Pressing buttons , pressing keys and squeezing at the same time in itself is not healthy, making noise from that is decidedly mind-chancing.
  12. Maybe I can help your friend out of his misery by sweeping my Minimi around the corner of said Lidl and empty a 200 round box towards the sound of the accordion.