Accomodation in Manchester

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by PotYos, Sep 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm attending a conference in Manchester over 27-29 October and am looking for cheap(ish) accomodation. Preferably a twin room.

If there is anyone with any local knowledge of Manchester please let me know.

Cheers,

PotYos

2. Where abouts? big place manchester. If in doubt then travel lodge

3. Won't you be able to claim it back? If so, why not take advantage of it.

4. Conference is at Machester Conference Centre near Picadilly Station and its not one my work will pay for but one that interests me nonetheless so no claims for costs etc, although I am getting the time of bless 'em.

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

theres an IBIS student lodge type affair not very far away thats pretty cheap - and if the conference centre you mean is the one I think it is, it might even be attached to it.
    do you have any kind of budget in mind?

6. Give Gunny a PM, hes got a spare room now hes skinned and gutted Sarah Jane.....

Think he lives on Canal Street near to Piccadilly Station or he may live on **** Treat near the nether quarter...

7. "Canal Street", ye gods I fink ya trying ta tell us sumfing.
    john

many years ago my mate and I went in a Pub down there, it was before it became known to the outside world . He was a Good looking chap tall, blonde, rugged, very popular with the ladies, The looks he/we got, they all thought I'd bagged off. A very swift pint.

8. Try Man uni halls of residences

9. Try the Mitre Hotel, from 40 squid a night, smack bang in t'middle of the Triangle near to Selfridges, bars, clubs, Metrolink. Piccadilly station about ten minutes walk away.

Failing that, do what everyone else does and kip on the station platform or under the arches at Whitworth street.

10. Book at travellodge more than 3 weeks in advance,online only.....and it is only a tenner for the room.

Hope that helps

11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

www.hrs.com (languages options top right) - I find them a brilliant hotel booking website - always happy with what I've booked, consistently cheap er than booking direct..