Accomodation in Grangemouth

Discussion in 'Travel' started by ArmySurplusSpecial, Aug 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have currently been dropped onto a 2 week job at a refinery in Grangemouth, does anyone know of any cheap half decent accomodation in grangemouth or nearby?? I leave on Sunday so time is of the essence!!

We get £30 a night allowance and we like it to cover food as well, yes...tight git i know!!

Cheers,

ASS

2. There is motel not far from there, Formula 1 or something, Which is about 5-10 mins away from the refinery it is right next to the motorway so easy to get to.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

The only decent hotel in Grangemouth (the Grange Manor) is ruinously expensive. You might be better trying Falkirk as it's only a couple of miles away.

4. The Lea Park is good, and friendly - and as there is bugger all to do in Grangemouth the food's not bad either. Better choice of restaurants in Falkirk though - try the Cladhan in Kemper Avenue, stay there and walk into town for a change of menu.

5. Go for Falkirk - Grangemouths a dump - and it smells :D

6. Cheers for the advice chaps,

due to the fact the festival is on everywhere seems to be booked up so i am going into a travel inn in Falkirk and they can stump the bill.

i dont make anything out of it but at least its half decent accommodation for once.

7. Theres a Formula 1 hotel right by the M way (might have been tasken over by another chain) rooms only were about £20 pn