Accomodation for WOs

Can anyone tell me where to find the rules/regs concerning accomodation when on a course when service accomodation is not available.

You need to get a certificate of non-availability from the school where the course is taking place (or a copy of the joining instructions saying there is no accomodation) and approach your HR staff to book you a hotel. Details of daily and nightly rates of subsistence allowable are in JSP 752.

Cheers for that. Got the certificate of non-availability it was the JSP I was after, got a feeling we are going to get stiffed by admin staff at bn and end up in some down market B&B, thought there was rules govening what type of acc WO are entitled to.

Feckin Hotels Whits wrong with transit accommodation

Magic

They aint got any apparently. Rather stay on camp and get fed rather than have to submit claims on JPA then have to dig out the recipts 12 months later because my claim for a couple of quid needs to be checked.

There is a maximum hotel daily rate depending on your rank I believe but everytime I've not been put up in the mess the hotels have been pretty decent. A point to note is that your daily subsistence at £27 a day (as at Apr 09, new rates not yet out) is aggregated over your stay so if you underspend one day you can overspend the next etc. Make sure you keep your receipts for everything or you will end up out of pocket!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Aintbrokedontfixit said:
Cheers for that. Got the certificate of non-availability it was the JSP I was after, got a feeling we are going to get stiffed by admin staff at bn and end up in some down market B&B, thought there was rules govening what type of acc WO are entitled to.
Contact Defence Hotel Reservation Service (DHRS) on 0844 848 4422 and they will book your hotel. Once they have booked it they will send you a confirmation which includes a booking reference number. You will need this to claim your NS on JPA.

It's JSP 752 by the way...

Mongoose said:
Don't go via the DHRS and you're (as a couple of people at our place that thought they knew better have found out) fucked and out of pocket!
To clarify, this translates as:

IF you don't go via DHRS, you WILL be fucked and out of pocket!
(Because it won't be considered an authorised expense).

Make sure you have the budget holder's authority before you go otherwise any claim you submit will be invalid! - the money will be taken back off you.

PW

The_Magician said:

Magic
Always good to get input from the soldiers of the 70s

AFA06 said:
The_Magician said:

Magic
AFA, I agree. I have just come from a site with 3 Regts in one bks and there is certainly no such thing as transit accommodation there.

AFA06 said:
The_Magician said:

Magic
:? Soldier of the 70s speaking...

Nothing wrong with transit accommodation. Nothing wrong with JRs' accommodation. Nothing wrong with sharing a room with 15 other people.

It's a roof over your head, it's got a bed, it's got bogs, showers, sinks, it's got electric sockets (granted, there may not many of them). Sometimes there's even heating.

Unless you're there for a long time, it's a place to sleep and get changed and little else. You probably spend less than 10 hours a day in there and most of the time you've got your eyes closed.

Transit accommodation tends not to have desks but we're big boys now. If we need a desk, we can usually find an office or a classroom somewhere.

You may have gathered by now that although I have pride, I'm not proud. :)

Horridlittleman said:
AFA06 said:
The_Magician said:

Magic
AFA, I agree. I have just come from a site with 3 Regts in one bks and there is certainly no such thing as transit accommodation there.
At my unit, we're always accommodated in transit accommodation. Oh, one exception when we were put up in a hotel - but only because the transit accommodation had been booked by another unit.

So there's nothing 70s about it. (The transit block dates from about 1940).

You can only be placed in transit accomodation for a specific period before either being moved into the mess or placed into hotel/alternative accomodation.. I believe the limit is 28 days in transit accom max but it may actually be less.

Mess accom is now going to be booked centrally a little like CHBS I am led to believe which will avoid the need to contact every mess in a 50 mile radius seeking non availability from each one which has been one of my experiences before finally being placed in a hotel.

putteesinmyhands said:
AFA06 said:
The_Magician said:

Magic

Nothing wrong with transit accommodation. Nothing wrong with JRs' accommodation. Nothing wrong with sharing a room with 15 other people.

It's a roof over your head, it's got a bed, it's got bogs, showers, sinks, it's got electric sockets (granted, there may not many of them). Sometimes there's even heating.

Unless you're there for a long time, it's a place to sleep and get changed and little else. You probably spend less than 10 hours a day in there and most of the time you've got your eyes closed.

Transit accommodation tends not to have desks but we're big boys now. If we need a desk, we can usually find an office or a classroom somewhere.

You might want to post those revolutionary ideas 8O on the “How would YOU bring savings in Defence procurement?” thread.

You may just revolutionise DE&S, I can just see it know, there would be a lot more personnel returning to Abbey Wood of an evening (not that they would be able to get a parking space) :D

putteesinmyhands said:
AFA06 said:
The_Magician said:

Magic

So you think that its acceptable that SNCOs and WO's should live in sh_t so that thee government can divert funds to housing asylum seekers and such like?

How about this for an idea... stick immigrants in transit accom and stick US in Million pound mansions etc.