Accomodation for the Cav Mem weekend?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Spud930, Feb 7, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anybody know of any decent cheapish hotels for the Cav Mem? Not really bothered about location as we'll be down for the Army v Navy as well. Cheers!

2. You could try the Union Jack Club or even closer the Victory Services Club, which I gather are both about as cheap as reasonably possible.

Where ever you decide, book early to avoid disappointment, I'd suggest. Alternatively, if you've got a mate based in town or at one of the TA places, he may be able to help.

3. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

As a member of the VSC I found myself there over Cav Mem weekend one year and it was very busy. Book earlier rather than later.

4. Cheers guys. I'll try the UJC and VSC. Do you know of any others just in case those two are a no-go?

5. I used to walk past the Travelodge in Drury lane and think that it would be a good place to stay for Cav Mem, at £50 per night, if I didn't live in London.

On 2nd thoughts, I checked it out on the Interweb for you. Oh Dear, people don't have nice things to say. Travelodge & Permier Inn are as cheap as you'll get in central London.
    Good luck.

6. Try phoning the HCMR at Knightsbridge, I'm sure they'll have a couple of spare stalls!

7. I'd be happy with that but the long haired general won't be!

8. Only jealous 'cos you're not Cavalry.
    I thank you.

9. Sorry I believe that most of the horses will be back by then!

They are quite a few good little places to stay on Shepherd's bush road, a 10 min walk from Hammersmith (On the Piccadily line - Takes you straight to Hyde park corner) I think one called the Dalmatia hotel (More large B&B) was quite nice when we had a couple of friends at one time I was living down there.

Otherwise, pull up a tube map on the net before you search, you can check out the locations to how easy the travel will be. But West London and Hammersmith is good and soem nice pubs to attend the night before!