Accomodation for MPs

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Stayangry, Mar 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had it just about up to here with bl**dy MPs, bloated busybodies with their snouts firmly in the trough.

I've always hated them of course, but I just read an article which really takes the cake.

It's the last straw, I'm telling you.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/politics/threelinewhip/march2008/perk-too-far.htm

On the plus side, however, I reckon that I have come up with a winning suggestion for accomodating the lazy, sleazy, lying, over-privileged scumbags.

If it is necessary for MPs to have housing in or near Westminster, this could be provided for them in some central facility in London, a sort of barracks block, if you will.

This would be provided free of charge but no cash alternative would be offered. Those wishing to live elsewhere would have to fund it from their own pocket.

Here's the clincher: accomodation and meals would be provided at the same standard as enjoyed by soldiers in the British Army. No worse, but certainly no better.

Improvements would only be permitted where it coul be shown that soldiers had already been provided with them.

That'd teach 'em.

2. Can we give them PAYD?

3. A cluster of well used corimecs on parliament green should get the message across.

For good measure the ablutions would be on the other side of the road.

4. Can we give them AIDS?

Its the only time the serveants are better off than the people they supposedly serve.

5. PAYD?

Not sure I know that one.

Does it stand for "pretty awful yucky dwellings"?

6. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

& an STD for good measure?

7. ....on the other side of the gravel road...I think?

I believe that MPs need to be pulled out of the trough and be replaced by a cadre of selfless, puritanical, constitutionally conservative zealots. This body of men and women would have a publicly articulated set of values and standards, would not be lobbied or influenced except by argument. They would not need to worry about their outside careers because they would only be MPs for three years, with their "civvy" job kept open for them.

Indeed they should be protected by a piece of legislation as excellent and "robust for purpose" as, oh say the RFA 96?

8. Being RMP, I was totally offended until I read the link.

There again, the description is pretty close to us as well!!!!!!

9. On the very small off-chance that this is not a WAH, Pay As You Dine.

10. Desert Roses and DTL's - now THAT would be interesting. You'd then see more than one MP in the sh1t.

Oh - and no cumfybum!

11. Move them into Hounslow where 2 Mercians are at the moment, then they may start to realise the actual state of the luxury* accommodation our troops live in.

*instead of luxury insert rat infested

12. But dahling, you simply don't understand how costly it is to eat at The Ivy five nights a week.

The graph shows the daily food allowance provided by the government for various groups.

If you're not happy, I'd suggest kicking the sh1t out of an old lady and getting sent to prison. Note that you'll need to REALLY kick the sh1t out of her to get banged up. Due to prison overcrowding, competition for prison places is more fierce than competition for school places at a drug free comprehensive.

Attached Files: