Accommodation

Hi guys, just looking for some advice here if possible. (Army)

I’ve recently been posted as a LCpl and accommodated in a 4 room with substandandard conditions. I was just wondering if anyone could share some light On this and any advice would be appreciated it.

Thanks in advance.

The single man rooms that are available are now being given to people on time served so PTE are getting priority over LCpls if they have served more time.

what advice would you like?

soft furnishings? wallpaper?

Are there any available? Is it a case of first come, first served?
Will you have to wait until someone gets posted out before you can move into one? Would there be a queue of others who have been waiting longer.

Sorry, the lack of information you have provided makes it quite difficult to answer.

As a mighty Lance Comical how are you going to deal with the Pte who has to vacate a bunk for your onanistic convenience?

ask your SQMS.

Every fully trained soldier is eligible for a single room in their permanent location (other than married in a civil partnership, with parental responsibility etc)

But that then depends on availability

A room of a different type (4 man room) or below standard will be reflected in the accommodation charges you pay - or if bad enough - don’t pay

Rank doesn’t give prividledge above the status of the room you are meant to have
Available single rooms may be given to the private’s first, or those who have been there longer having been in the 4 man rooms waiting for singles to become free

If the rooms are not available then the alternatives are to convert and misappropriate SFA for single living, to rent private housing at full market rates paid by the army and you pay back only the subsidized accommodation rate - that is assuming there is available accommodation via SFA or the market then the mod is going to further cost whilst having empty rooms in the block

More details would be required - which would highlight your identity
You should ask what the prospects are of alternatives in a reasonable time before going elsewhere to raise it

Sorry I didn’t make it clear. I’m pushing for my own single man room and wonder what grounds, if any I have to complain
No official grounds what so ever. You can make your case to the SQMS/SSM/Troop commander, reference the rank thing but they dont have to act on it.

Had a full screw posted in try and order me out of my bunk as he was most put out by having to share a room with 2 others. Rodded him off.

He then went bitching to the q man about my answer and his current predicament and listened with a sympathetic ear, and then promptly rodded him off too.

Best pack of hobnobs i have ever bought

Hi guys, just looking for some advice here if possible. (Army)

I’ve recently been posted as a LCpl and accommodated in a 4 room with substandandard conditions. I was just wondering if anyone could share some light On this and any advice would be appreciated it.

Thanks in advance.
As a mere Maj, I was accommodated in a substandard room for the whole of last week; what makes you think that you are in any way special?

Last edited:
I's like to have sympathy, but after spending 5 years in the Sandhurst block in Ward Bks Bulford as a LCpl in 4 man rooms I have none whatsoever.
Mind you, the single bunks there were barely big enough to turn around in so no one wanted them.
And I can pretty much guarentee it was a lot more substandard than that which you claim to be suffering.

Had a full screw posted in try and order me out of my bunk as he was most put out by having to share a room with 2 others. Rodded him off.

He then went bitching to the q man about my answer and his current predicament and listened with a sympathetic ear, and then promptly rodded him off too.

Best pack of hobnobs i have ever bought
Course you did mate ^~

Gen dit craaps. As the chap is finding out above it was on a first come first served basis

Gen dit craaps. As the chap is finding out above it was on a first come first served basis
I think you will find that it is decided by the Chain of Command. If the Q man had decide not to ‘rod him off’ after you (supposedly) ‘rodded him off’. You would have been moving, no matter how long you had been there.

Luckily for you, even after your bribery attempt, your CoC seem to have a fair minded system :)

If you are significantly junior to the screw you (apparently) ‘rodded off’, here’s hoping you don’t come under his direct CoC anytime soon ^~

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you pinch your counterpane underneath your top box and your wardrobe and your nearest neighbours top box and wardrobe it makes a useful curtain style arrangement and you can **** in peace:rage:

Wasnt sufficiently junior and didn’t believe in him throwing a strop as soon as he was posted in was grounds for me to jump to his demand. Neither did the q man.

And yes the rodding off happened. I came to suspect he enjoyed being rodded.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Poltroon RLC 12
D Seniors 14
Welch Man Travel 21