accommodation

Now that most of us have reached an age where we live in comfort and basic is a dirty word, I thought I'd post this photo..no particular reason..other than to remind you that it was great to be young and daft :)

wasn't a lot of privacy then or to many ipods.

It must have been dinner hour..everyone gonking with their boots on.

jack-daniels said:
dkh51250 said:
What year was it? DMS boots and suitcases, no sausage bags.
I hazard a guess 80-82?
Nooo
sausage/elvis bag was there and neatly squared away :)

no dpm all og so a wee bit earlier.

Just noticed..there's a fella there with "2" suitcases!!! It could be tropper.

1978 ??

No carpets ? wooden polished floor ? was it basic training although I doubt it because you forgot to do the curtains ?

ordinaryforces said:
jack-daniels said:
dkh51250 said:
What year was it? DMS boots and suitcases, no sausage bags.
I hazard a guess 80-82?
Nooo
sausage/elvis bag was there and neatly squared away :)

no dpm all og so a wee bit earlier.

Just noticed..there's a fella there with "2" suitcases!!! It could be tropper.
"Fcukin show parade,show second suitcase.it should be in the drying room you little runt"

Edited to add"And don't fcukin plan anything for 2200 hrs either"!!

I can't believe they're lying on their pits!! I slept on the floor once I got a bed block that passed inspection - meaning I didn't get a kidney punch if it wasn't up to scratch. Ah the good old days - I hated them :)

Ah it was good being in the Nursing Corps.... single rooms, even in Basic!! :D

Just for the record,
It's a photo of the lads resting to prepare for the awaited invasion of russian troops

Hohne 1972.

So not recruits..but trained killers :)

mac5543 said:
I can't believe they're lying on their pits!! I slept on the floor once I got a bed block that passed inspection - meaning I didn't get a kidney punch if it wasn't up to scratch. Ah the good old days - I hated them :)
Not as old as some of you OAPs :wink: but did sleep 95% of Basic in 1988 on the floor because I didnt want to mess my bed block up.

ordinaryforces said:
Just for the record,
It's a photo of the lads resting to prepare for the awaited invasion of russian troops

Hohne 1972.

So not recruits..but trained killers :)
Hmmm, I was going to call your bluff there because the room didn't look right...

But... the windows and the door do look right. It's the floor that doesn't look right; wooden blocks? There were wooden blocks in the garages but I remember carpet in the blocks...??

I have photographs of the era - if I can find them!!!

Litotes

Litotes
Why?? would I bluff :)
It's just a nostalgic photo I posted.

Oh by the way....carpets!! were you a Colonel or something? and how on earth did you bumper them?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Carpets? Even in the late '80s we didn't have carpets. Lino floor and a small bedside rug.... Not even a rug in Basic in '88.

Legs said:
Carpets? Even in the late '80s we didn't have carpets. Lino floor and a small bedside rug.... Not even a rug in Basic in '88.
I remember doing TA basic at Keogh and one of the lads decided to polish the floor in their room with Klear, Sgt walked in to inspect and went flat on his back :lol: :lol: took them ages to strip it off again...