Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Accommodation questions during training

JNM

War hero
Due to start basic in Feb and I know what P1 accommodation will be but phase 2 info and beyond is a bit harder to find. Is there any change from P1 to P2 accommodation or is it basically the same?

Also I’m going into REME, when you’re attached somewhere do you go into the same place as everyone else or do you go to a temporary shed, which may or may not have running water, along with everyone else that’s attached?

Serious answers welcome.

Due to start basic in Feb and I know what P1 accommodation will be but phase 2 info and beyond is a bit harder to find. Is there any change from P1 to P2 accommodation or is it basically the same?

Also I’m going into REME, when you’re attached somewhere do you go into the same place as everyone else or do you go to a temporary shed, which may or may not have running water, along with everyone else that’s attached?

Serious answers welcome.
Unrelated to Q - I have no idea.

I also start in feb, when’s your start date?

Serious answers welcome.

In answer to Q2 - You'll be in the same accommodation as everyone else, probably HQ Sqn / Coy accn, unless you are going to a particularly large LAD that has it's own accommodation - I haven't seen that before though.

MB

In answer to Q2 - You'll be in the same accommodation as everyone else, probably HQ Sqn / Coy accn, unless you are going to a particularly large LAD that has it's own accommodation - I haven't seen that before though.

MB

Cheers, that’s what I was hoping happened.

Serious answers welcome.

You will most likely go on a phase 2 visit during phase 1. There you will be given an overview of training, facilities, and given the chance to ask any questions you have.

You will most likely go on a phase 2 visit during phase 1. There you will be given an overview of training, facilities, and given the chance to ask any questions you have.

Thanks I’m just looking through everything in my spare time and it’s bugging me not being able to find stuff on it

What did we ever do before we had the internet? Oh yes, we went and asked people questions.

Am doing that now technically ;)

I’m not calling people for an opinion on accommodation or spending £20 and 3 hours on public transport for one question. If anything I can ask in a month when I’m due back in the careers centre. Rather just make a post here and get a useful answer.

Serious answers welcome.
Unrelated to the question but what role are you doing in REME? I am currently researching roles and I am interested in REME.
Sorry for this comment being unrelated.

Thanks I’m just looking through everything in my spare time and it’s bugging me not being able to find stuff on it

Things change from time to time, so any info you may find, could well be out of date by the time you reach your phase 2 establishment.

Serious answers welcome.
The correct type of accommodation for phase 1 is X type multiple occupancy, with either 8 or 12 beds per room
For phase 2 it is Y type, which is a 4 bed room
Once ‘trained’ and in unit you should have Z type which is a single room

Actual accommodation in place can vary by location depending on when it was built or refurbished

Details on the designs and other facilities that should be in the block are on the .gov.uk pages in JSP315

The correct type of accommodation for phase 1 is X type multiple occupancy, with either 8 or 12 beds per room
For phase 2 it is Y type, which is a 4 bed room
Once ‘trained’ and in unit you should have Z type which is a single room

Actual accommodation in place can vary by location depending on when it was built or refurbished

Details on the designs and other facilities that should be in the block are on the .gov.uk pages in JSP315

That’s amazing thanks dude

I am starting Feb 4th and going elec tech. I am married and they told me in phase 2 I have right to family service accomodation because it's over 6 months for phase 2. Phase 1 no rights though. Do you think we will get time off over Easter as I worked out phase 1 runs from Feb 4th to approx May 10th if all goes well.