Accommodation non-refurb

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by General Melchett, Oct 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

The camp where I am stationed is not getting SLAM anytime soon.

Plans were made to refurb the OR's 1970's style accommodation and it goes something like this:

Jan 09 - Soldiers move out

Jul 09 - Work starts (no probs it will only take 6 weeks)

Oct 09 - Work still ongoing with end date of Dec 09/Jan 10.

Shocking, quite shocking. The lads are getting thredders as can be expected. Any more tales of such slowness?
  2. Sssh, you will annoy the TA because money has been spent on regular soldiers accomodation instead of their training!
  3. At least yours was started-never will be here and it is highly likely that any new work in such areas will now be under threat for financial reasons.The tired old chestnut that keeps getting thrown into the fire is that the camp is expected to close-funny how that didn't prevent a £70k refurb of the ground floor toilets in the Officers' mess less than two years ago... :roll:
  4. Sounds like SEME Bordon, they will not refurbish as it is due to close, has been for years. :roll:
  5. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Ahh Bordon.. Died hwen they stopped the 1979 live sex shows in martenique bks in 1980
  6. At my regiment the Officers have been given SLAM. We were supposed to get it too but all we've had is our four man rooms painted without any further plans to refurbish.
  7. I was under the impression that SLAM and PUMA had taken a hit, along with TA training.

All I can say is, hold in there lads. And if you have a chance to do some of your own painting (self help) do it. It isn't Feng Shui, but you'd be amased at the increase of morale and general good temper when you accomodation looks nice.

Paint can come through the sytem too.