Accommodation in the Ypres area

Planning a trip over to France and Belgium to do a short Battlefield Tour with the kids.

Have surfed the net, and also looked at all the accom advertised in the latest WFA Bulletin, but can anyone recommend decent, reasonably-priced accommodation in the Ypres area?

Ieper Barracks

Just to top and tail this one and potentially be of help to other Arrsers in the future, I found some excellent accommodation in Vlamertinge, approx 5km from Ypres on the road to Poperinge. It's a first-class B&B run by an english couple, which I can unreservedly recommend to anyone on the site:

Cherry Blossom B&B, Grote Branderstraat, Vlamertinge, Ieper.

+32 (0) 57 301555

http://www.cherryblossom.be

Cheers,

DH

We visited Varlet Farm on Sunday. It was a fascinating session about Passchendaele, particularly all the stuff they keep digging up each year. They also do B&B. (Not tried the B&B)

www.varletfarm.com

Have stayed here in Poperinghe, all fine and convenient. Do try the strange local pub games.

hotelbelfort@pandora.be

First time I just dined, with Ian Hislop joining at another table. Stayed en masse, with some of our chaps in their 'house' close by.

Buttmaster General said:
We visited Varlet Farm on Sunday. It was a fascinating session about Passchendaele, particularly all the stuff they keep digging up each year. They also do B&B. (Not tried the B&B)

www.varletfarm.com
A friend of mine has stayed regularly at Varlet Farm B&B and recommends it highly.

It was a toss up last week, whether to stay at Varlet Farm or the Cherry Blossom - I don't think there are any bad ones.

Google Talbot House. TOC H still take guests there I think and it's like a night in the museum!