Accommodation Furniture

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Spanish_Dave, Feb 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Hi all, the company I work for has a business stream that manufactures and sells furniture. Can anybody point me in the right direction for who to approach to discuss business.

Thanks

Dave

2. The current lot of issue furniture has been in service since 1812 and there are still 56 years left on the contract mate, don't bother!

3. What's wrong with the current contract? It's cheap to produce, basic, uncomfortable, and the MoD pay a fortune for it. Now way they'll change is there?

4. i think Aspire are in charge of all the cheap tat in our offices now, but would rather fix with some black and nasty rather than write a 10,000 word essay on why i need a new chair in my office just to have it declined.

5. They will have to get registered with BuyingSolutions and tender for contracts
    http://www.buyingsolutions.gov.uk/

If a PFI applies to an area then the service is provided by the PFI, e.g. Aspire, but the furniture may be supplied under the same contracts. For areas not within a PFI, or for parts excluded from the PFI then it will be via your ASU - and again procured from the tendered contracts.

6. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

Hi Tommikka they are registered, what is a PFI? Who within an ASU do they approach?

Thanks

Dave