Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Accommodation at Leccy

The_Poltroon

Old Salt
Anyone know if they've demolished all of the old 'H' shaped accommodation blocks at Leccy now todays mongs have all been given the new poncey SLAM accommodation?

WTF is that thing inbetween the naafi and the alleged cookhouse? I measured the running route around the airfield that i used to run, not bad. The only place i ever came across that has a trim trail thingy, and that concrete hill, i named it the travelator !!!

WTF is that thing inbetween the naafi and the alleged cookhouse? I measured the running route around the airfield that i used to run, not bad. The only place i ever came across that has a trim trail thingy, and that concrete hill, i named it the travelator !!!

They had an inflatable building as the gym in that spot - well about quarter of that spot - and the rest was the students car park. Nightly runs around the airfield perimeter road featured heavily.

There are a few more circuits and tracks than were there in my time as a student and afterwards when I visited.

Anyone know what the circuit with all the containers at the trackside is for?

Nightly runs around the airfield perimeter road featured heavily.

Nightly runs - fcuk that

We used to have one run a week ... on a thursday evening if my memory serves me correctly.

You'd avoid it by hiding in your locker and getting someone else to answer your name on parade

Nightly runs - fcuk that

We used to have one run a week ... on a thursday evening if my memory serves me correctly.

You'd avoid it by hiding in your locker and getting someone else to answer your name on parade

There was that bit every morning at the end of parade in the hanger where the power mad RCT SSGT used to tell everyone with a drive to fcek off to their instructor and the remainder standfast. It soon became apparent that if you stoodfast you got dicked for litter picking, sky painting, or cookhouse cleaning duties. So a couple of us went exploring and found a couple of senior NCO's doing their best to pretend to work at proper jobs whilst restoring a tank - centurion I think - so we helped them for a while along with the odd undetected AWOL for a day to outlying towns and pubs.

The place was too big, too many transient personnel, who when not training were impossible to pin down. I stagged on a couple of times and remember the poor sod they had locked up for some infraction had been thrown a pair of black welly's and a tin of brown kiwi polish and been told to bull the welly's.

Anyone know if they've demolished all of the old 'H' shaped accommodation blocks at Leccy now todays mongs have all been given the new poncey SLAM accommodation?

The 'REAL DRIVERS and FUTURE WO's of the RCT' in 1977, were accommodated at Driffield and bussed down to Leccy daily only if they had a drive (no being spammed by the Leccy Permanent Staff). The blocks were the ex RAF H pattern and a vast improvement on the wooden spiders at Norton Manor, (Baby squaddies of today don't know how well they have it!!!).

The OC at Driffield was a great bloke and allowed the Juniors with motorbikes to go home at the weekend and ride out in the evenings.

The only decent thing about Leccy was that we used to ride past it on the way to and from the Angel in Beverley.