Accident Management Companies and a No Fault Claim

Even if your no claims bonus is protected your insurance company, or indeed any new insurance company will still hike your renewal cost, even if you aren’t at fault you will still be classed as more likely to make another claim
Lucky for us , at renewal time premium down by a tenner !

Bloke went into the back of me yesterday, no physical harm done but a nice 1.5ft long indentation across the bumper which the body shop has told me will cost north of £700 to fix given it's a new bumper jobbie with uncertain damage behind. Resigned to ringing up, they then passed over a leaflet for an "accident management company" which apparently do all the leg work while having the advantage of not affecting the old no claims and future premiums.

All seemed a bit to good to be true if I'm honest. Anyone had any dealings with these vs the standard claims route? From a cursory reading, it would appear there is the potential to get stung for courtesy car costs if the other party start acting up.

Any experiences chaps
?
Aye, quite a bit. Did you feel like the accident was a genuine 'accident?' If you have any doubts have a look at this thread, It is showing it's age now, but much of what I wrote then is still prevalent today.

Traffic Accident Management Companies get a mention.

It is still a fact, that you should let your Insurer know that you have been involved in a crunch.

Avoid them as you would a red-headed Welsh step-child, because:

. . . to my eternal shame, I worked as a site manager for one of these clown Accident Management Companies for not quite a year.

c.

Robbing, devious twats-hence why I left.
I told him much of what you said, at which point he rang his insurance company, who assured him all was well and no cost would be incurred, and even backed it up with an email (which surprised me a lot!). I am still very dubious, but am old and grumpy, so hey ho

I told him much of what you said, at which point he rang his insurance company, who assured him all was well and no cost would be incurred, and even backed it up with an email (which surprised me a lot!). I am still very dubious, but am old and grumpy, so hey ho
So far, so good . . . though I would still urge some caution as it's all fine and grand until the other party retracts the admission of liability and/or his insurance company challenge the costs of repair and loan vehicle hire.

Go through your own insurance company. They'll still use their own 'accident management agents' but at least they're legit. Stand by for four or five years of unsolicited phone calls about making a claim for the injuries you suffered during the accident though. Exactly the same happened to me. No injuries, but endless calls over years, some demanding that I claim since the money has been put aside for me. Parasites.
Same here. Hopefully GDPR has put a stop to that.

Still going then? I had 2 years of absolute mongs trying to get me to claim. One accident I was in bed when my vehicle got hit, I still had them trying to get me sue for injuries.
I have been driving for over 40 years, 1000's of miles a year in many different countries and never had an accident but still these mongs phone up. When you answer the phone there is silence then an automated voice says "I'm phoning about the accident you had that was not your fault, is that right?" I hang up and block, couple of weeks later it's a different number that rings. Mutter mutter mutter.

Still going then? I had 2 years of absolute mongs trying to get me to claim. One accident I was in bed when my vehicle got hit, I still had them trying to get me sue for injuries.
A woman I know her son lost it on a bend/corner and plowed into a parked car . Couple came running out the house shouting "my car, my car " couple of minutes later the're sitting in the car shouting " Ow my neck , my neck " @.@

I have been driving for over 40 years, 1000's of miles a year in many different countries and never had an accident but still these mongs phone up. When you answer the phone there is silence then an automated voice says "I'm phoning about the accident you had that was not your fault, is that right?" I hang up and block, couple of weeks later it's a different number that rings. Mutter mutter mutter.
Yeah, These have started popping up on my phone. At least with the last lot I got to call them names and waste their time, but this is worse.

Lucky for us , at renewal time premium down by a tenner !
Unlike the lad I saw this afternoon, not long before shift end and I get a call to an RTC - non-injury so really not much for me to do except sweep up the glass. Old micra, first car for the 20 year old driver had gone into the back of a ten year old Audi A3 [built by Ze Germans to last], driven by a rather nice milfy 42 year old lady. Details swapped, both vehicles off the carriage way, though his was rather mangled. I asked him how much his insurance had been this year, £1000? 'yeah and a bit'. 'Well', quoth I 'it might be a tad more next year' as I gave him the police reference for his insurance company. Once they'd exchanged details and both blown Zero on the little black box I left them to it.

Unlike the lad I saw this afternoon, not long before shift end and I get a call to an RTC - non-injury so really not much for me to do except sweep up the glass. Old micra, first car for the 20 year old driver had gone into the back of a ten year old Audi A3 [built by Ze Germans to last], driven by a rather nice milfy 42 year old lady. Details swapped, both vehicles off the carriage way, though his was rather mangled. I asked him how much his insurance had been this year, £1000? 'yeah and a bit'. 'Well', quoth I 'it might be a tad more next year' as I gave him the police reference for his insurance company. Once they'd exchanged details and both blown Zero on the little black box I left them to it.
Any photos of the 42yo milf?

Mine is down near £100 this year.
Who goes with a renewal price anyway? Always move ins every year.
Same same, I always use comparison sites Cheap Car Insurance Then I ring my current insurer and tell them what I've been offered, if they cannot match it then bye bye.