Accident at Iranian nuclear plant

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
I have some European news channel on. Its banner has reported an electrical "accident" (Guardian's quotes) at a uranium enrichment facility. Also reported in the Grauniad:

I do hope it's not going to result in contamination, or that Iran blames Mossad and bites back.

Time will tell, I guess.

Edit to avoid repitition. As already reported in the Iran thread.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
It's now "sabotage".

Best thing that could happen is that an accident occurs which turns the place into a sheet of glass.

1618138643834.png

I do hope it's not going to result in contamination, or that Iran blames Mossad and bites back.
The Izzies to blame? Perish the thought, anyone would think that they had form for arranging such incidents.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
The Izzies to blame? Perish the thought, anyone would think that they had form for arranging such incidents.
I remember reading about a cyber hack. I think Israelis on Iranian power station, or a meringue? They couldn't hack the power station, but they could hack a senior technician's home network. Infected his laptop, which was plugged into the power station network. Once the network was infected, the virus removed all trace of itself from the laptop. Seriously sophisticated.

Pretty sure I read it through IBM channels.

Last edited:
It can't possibly be true. We'd have complained to or sanctioned Israel if they'd hacked another country's critical infrastructure.

State-sponsored hacking is What The Bad Guys Do. It was in all the papers.

I remember reading about a cyber hack. I think Israelis on Iranian power station, or a meringue? They couldn't back the power station, but they could hack a senior technician's home network. Infected his laptop, which was plugged into the power station network. Once the network was infected, the virus removed all trace of itself from the laptop. Seriously sophisticated.

Are you thinking of Stuxnet or another one?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
It can't possibly be true. We'd have complained to or sanctioned Israel if they'd hacked another country's critical infrastructure.

State-sponsored hacking is What The Bad Guys Do. It was in all the papers.
To be honest, after reflection.

The virus having destroyed itself and left no trace, there was no evidence that the Israelis planted it, but Iran pointed the finger.

It walked like a duck, and quacked like a duck...

To be honest, after reflection.

The virus having destroyed itself and left no trace, there was no evidence that the Israelis planted it, but Iran pointed the finger.

It walked like a duck, and quacked like a duck...

Quack, quack.

'Israel’s Mossad was behind the attack on an Iranian nuclear facility, several Western intelligence officials said Sunday afternoon.

'According to a report by Channel 13, the Israeli intelligence agency carried out the attack which damaged Iran’s uranium enrichment facility at Natanz.

'The attack has significantly impaired Iran's uranium enrichment operations, forcing a temporary halt to all uranium enrichment efforts in the country. Power has yet to be restored to the Natanz facility.'

IDF Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Aviv Kohavi also gave a rare strong hint to Israeli involvement on Sunday.

“The IDF’s actions throughout the Middle East are not hidden from our enemies’ vision, who are observing us, seeing our capabilities and carefully considering their next steps.”

“By virtue of clever operational activities, the past year was one of the most secure years which the citizens of the State of Israel have known. We will continue to act combining power and discretion, determination and responsibility in order to guarantee the security of the State of Israel.”

I remember reading about a cyber hack. I think Israelis on Iranian power station, or a meringue? They couldn't hack the power station, but they could hack a senior technician's home network. Infected his laptop, which was plugged into the power station network. Once the network was infected, the virus removed all trace of itself from the laptop. Seriously sophisticated.

said tecchie was not at home but in Europe and left his laptop in his hotel room when invited on a date by an attractive woman, allegedly

said tecchie was not at home but in Europe and left his laptop in his hotel room when invited on a date by an attractive woman, allegedly
Is (a) honey (trap) Kosher?

Latest Threads