Accessing Facebook

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by MarkOnesBroken, Jul 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a mate that needs to gain access to a facebook account for some int/evidence gathering.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this, that is of course, completely above board and er legal etc?

Thanks in advance and course, MODS, if you feel this is inappropriate or been on for too long please feel free to delete.

2. So, your mate is Police / Government Security services then?

If not, is the question whether third parties can legally access Facebook accounts to gain evidence in a legal matter - ans = Yes - speak to plod.

Or, is this - "How do I hack a Facebook account?" - in which case, not tellin' you!

3. Get in touch with facebook would be the only way. but what does he actually need to do? They wont just go accessing someones account for a bit of gossip or snooping on your friends part without a very good reason.

4. Unless you work for a law enforcement, or military intelligence organisation, with a suitable warrant, facebook will simply tell you to far cough.

5. Depends what you actually mean.

Getting into someone elses Facebook account without their permission is illegal, hacking/cracking it breaks a good few laws.

If you however just want information off the account but the person is set to private, the easiest way is to create a new account, throw a picture of a fitty on it and add the victim. Full access without them knowing and all above board.

6. Precisely.

7. Many thanks, it is for personal reasons so will have to try something else. Many thanks, MODS please delete this thread.

8. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

This would theoretically work:

Look through their friends list, find one of their friends who has an open profile (preferably a fit looking bird so they reply quicker!), set up an account with the same name as the friend, using all their photos and info. Send your man a friend request from this cloned account saying 'I am having trouble with my old account this is my new one.'

Wait for your man to accept the friend request, spy away to your hearts content.

9. Does Facebook still use regional "Networks", e,g. Portsmouth, London, Brighton? Is membership of "networks" still visible?

It used to work that, if the account owner was a member of a "network", joining the same network, gave access to the information in most of the accounts within that same network (depending on their privacy settings).

10. I read somewhere that they were phasing Networks out.