Access to Higher Education.

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Peter2, Jan 12, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I currently hold 280 UCAS points from the following,
    nGenera CIM Channel Server Login Error

In september I start an Access to Higher to Education through Oxford Brookes University and then I'll attend University the following year to study a three year Bsc in Physical Education. I'll be 24 when I graduate.

At 18 I joined the Royal Marines, I was injured in week 22 and was discharged after 8 weeks in Hunter COY (Remedial training facility).

Aged 19 now, and turning 20 in April, I'm looking at improving my academic qualifications to make myself a better candidate for the Armed Forces. I'm halfway through training as a Level 3 Personal trainer at the moment.

I'd like to join a tank regiment as a Troop Commander upon graduating from University.

My real query here is that would the AOSB Education Advisor accept an Access course that I'll do in order to get into a decent University?

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Peter.

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

The requirement is 240 UCAS points so that shouldn't be a problem but, in any case, having a decent degree will trump any lack of UCAS points.