Academic requirements

When joining the army as a regular officer Sandhurst applicant, if you have the basic minimum of 72 UCAS tariff points, do your academic results have any importance on getting in? Will higher grades get you further and make you more likely to pass AOSB or do they not focus on grades as long as you have the minimum?

What subject's?
What Job do you want to do?
Have you applied yet?
RMAS might offer better advice than Arrse? (highly unlikely of course!)

Higher grades don't mean you are more likely to pass. AOSB is looking at you as a potential leader. Your educational achievements are a factor, but as long as you have the minimum they are unlikely to be the deciding factor.

Top tip: don't aim for the minimum.

What subject's?
What Job do you want to do?
Have you applied yet?
RMAS might offer better advice than Arrse? (highly unlikely of course!)
I want to join as an infantry officer and I have applied but yet to do my briefing. I will easily get the required grades yet they will not be outstandingly good. It would be different if I was specifying within the army but I am just wandering if my grades are not out standing will that be a big negative against me or will the board be focusing on other areas instead.

I want to join as an infantry officer and I have applied but yet to do my briefing. I will easily get the required grades yet they will not be outstandingly good. It would be different if I was specifying within the army but I am just wandering if my grades are not out standing will that be a big negative against me or will the board be focusing on other areas instead.
Well stop wandering and concentrate on your grades,!

The minimum will get you through the filter to be looked at as a possible Candidate for AOSB.

- Do Briefing
- Do Main Board
At AOSB MB be prepared to be grilled on your academic performance. Bear in mind RMAS has a distinct Academic Tilt since the course redesign and a look to accredit the Commissioning Course as the first step to an Undergraduate or Masters Degree.

72 UCAS points is a filter. Nothing more. Halloumikd