Academic Dress and Service Dress

Yes and yes.

E-Layer said:
I am receiving an award fairly soon and will be wearing academic dress.

I would like to wear service dress underneath and have seen this done before but if anyone can help, I would like to clarify the following:

Should I wear Sam Browne? (the event is indoors).
Should I wear gongs?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hey E-layer,

DCCIS graduates attend Bournemouth Uni ceremonies wearing full SD/No2s including medals. They wear university gowns over the top and mortar board instead of SD cap. Can't remember if the CISM course wore Sam Brownes but I will check the photos on the wall of fame and let you know.

TTFN

PD

The only occasion one wouldn't wear a belt when wearing medals would be as the accused at a Court Martial.

oldbaldy

LE
Harry Paget Flashman said:
The only occasion one wouldn't wear a belt when wearing medals would be as the accused at a Court Martial.
Experience talking :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, experience of watching 'Carrington VC'

Except when one's regt doesn't wear belts (ORs at least!), some even remove the belt hooks to boost the point!

Airfix said:
Except when one's regt doesn't wear belts (ORs at least!), some even remove the belt hooks to boost the point!
D'oh, coming from a Regt where the ORs didn't, I should have thought of that shouldn't I? 8O

Airfix said:
D'oh, coming from a Regt where the ORs didn't, I should have thought of that shouldn't I? 8O
The numbers, '5' and '9' do come to mind.... :roll:

I was thinking 4 and 5 but that's way back in the history books ain't it?