Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by UlsterFry, Oct 24, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was speaking to a mate of mine in the RAF, he's the crab equivalent of a rigger, (aerial erector). He said that there were some new rules/regulations being brought out which would prohibit all non-RAF riggers/ae's from rigging without an AC1 present. For reference:

AC3 - Normally qualified rigger (Signals)
    AC2 - Normally qualified RAF erector
    AC1 - Master RAF rigger/something similar

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about this, cause this could mean the end of my 'can't climb today boss, it's too .... windy' days.

2. Interesting,

Cheers for that will ring up Digby and get some advice. Saying that I believe that this would apply only to RAF sites. I suspect we would continue in our role as normal unless it was regulations in relation to HSAW Act that is brought in rather than an RAF reg.

What rank is an RAF AC1, I would guess Chief Tech/Flight Sgt ? or is more of a Class 1 trade equivelant so you would be talking Cpl?
  3. From what I can gather, an AC1 is anyone who has completed the trade training equivalent for an AE. It's a much, much longer course, talking months rather than weeks, and there's a lot more to it than what we just cover. *IF* the Army were to attempt to qualify all their rigger trained personnel, they'd all need to do another two (I believe) weeks at Digby.

Also, on AC2, they have to 'keep their hand in' (in much the same way Paras do their annual jumps) by climbing to 'xxx height' (not entirely sure of the figure) every year.

I'm not completely sure of all the details, but I believe the above is correct. If you do find anything out, could you let me know? I need time to think of a new excuse ..
  4. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Let me get this straight,

An AC1 is brighter than an AC2 who is more switched on than an AC3.

Is this why the AC130 is American ?
  5. Excellent