AC/DC Black ice

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by japseyewarrior, Nov 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some awesome tracks (rock 'n' roll train, smash 'n' grab, skies on fire) but a good friend of mine described some of the tracks as "status quo-ish!" Blasphemy!

Glad to see the guys are still on top of the game. did have it going dirt cheap but apparently not available at the moment.

Also heard a filthy rumour the new GnR album is utter pump!?
  2. black ice is typically AC/DC, thumping beer guzzling music that makes you wanna bang your head.

I aint complaining.
  3. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

As a lifelong fan of AC/DC I was dissapointed with the new album especially after the wait from SUL.

Maybe it will grow on me, although I'd have to listen to it more and it isn't drawing me to do that.

I did manage to buy one ticket to see them at the NEC but am seriously considerign flogging it. Any takers?

I was more impressed with Motorizer (by Motorhead) and the Scars on Broadway albums
  4. Another Oz metal outfit Airbourne released Runnin Wild earlier this year - more AC/DC than the old masters themselves I thought. Worth a listen to the samples on iTunes if you are an AC/DC fan.
  5. Airbourne have been described as the bastard sons of AC/DC!!

The album is great & Lemmy is in the vid for Runnin' Wild
  6. I like the album, it's grown on me after a few listens. I've got my tickets to see them at the O2
  7. Rock N Roll train is a banger.
  8. Yep. It's on myspace if you want to listen to it yourself.
  9. i love the new album, i've heard most of the tracks on 105.3 (the hats best rock), they are brilliant. although i have to agree with the comments on airbourne, they are really good almost as good as vintage ac/dc
  10. GnR have always been pump! Bar a couple of good songs on "Lies", and "Apetite"
  11. Status-Quo ish? hit the nail on the head if you ask me. Just none of the "punch" that was there a few years ago.

Oh, and GnR are not GnR without Slash and Duff.
  12. Black Ice is brilliant in my opinion, good solid rock and roll and some cracking riffs.
  13. Cracking album!

GnR Chinese Democracy is crap, Axl Rose is a retard and should be shot.
  14. Look black Ice is quality, Chinese democracy is quality, Motorizer is quality, Motorhead just went on tour with Saxon, Stone Gods have put out a fantastic album thats shown that new british bands are still capable of producing grea music (silver spoons and broken bones, highly reccomended), The Widhearts are sober and producing their best work for 20 years and Airbourne make me wanna turn the stereo up and drive really really fast (if you like them look into Rose Tattoo who sound even more like AC/DC)

It's just a great year for rock music and in the middle of the X Factor filled tripe that makes up the majority of our charts it's just a great relief.

Personally i'd just sit back, turn the amps to 11 and enjoy
  15. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Agreed about Airbourne, Black Ice has still not grown on me.

Bull, don't you mean that Saxon supported Motorhead. :) (Biff was looking out of breath on more than one occaision but a quality gig and they announced there own headline tour next year)