Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Abusing cyclists to be made a hate crime?

That's true, although as a triathlete myself, I prefer to wear a lycra trisuit.

318964_515545175124992_1186828740_n.jpg

Natural selection. It's just a shame that the other party involved in such a collision will have to face prison or guilt for the rest of their lives.
they are running them in London now, but I notice they all have serial numbers on the downtube
I rather like the things we have them in my town, lots of youngsters use them where they would normally have driven
but they need to be better regulated
Traffic police would help, but the Government disbanded them ??
anyway the legal chaps and chapesses are getting ready to make some money on the back of it

they are running them in London now, but I notice they all have serial numbers on the downtube
I rather like the things we have them in my town, lots of youngsters use them where they would normally have driven
but they need to be better regulated
Traffic police would help, but the Government disbanded them ??
anyway the legal chaps and chapesses are getting ready to make some money on the back of it

Like this is going to work!

This is clearly a very emotive subject. On both sides.

Some of you may be aware (I've mentioned it before and those of you who know me know) that my dad was knocked off his bike, while training for an Army cycling race. Sports afternoon, by himself and the car driver 'thought he had enough time' to make his turn. He didn't and my dad was pronounced dead from injuries sustained 6 days later. 20 years ago this month.

Now, do I blame all drivers for this? No. Just the selfish man who couldn't wait an extra 20 seconds of his life before turning a corner. Are there cyclist who flout the rules? Yes. Do they deserve to be injured because of it? No. Are there drivers who flout the rules? Yes. Do they deserve to be injured because of it? No. Road users who are caught breaking the rules and laws of the road should be punished for doing so. Regardless of the veh they are in charge of at the time.

Taking everything into consideration, I always say the same thing... there are hundreds if not thousands of instances per year of cyclists being hit by motorists often ending in life changing injuries or death of the cyclist. Can anyone tell me the last time a motorist was killed after their vehicle was hit by a cyclist? How hard is it to respect someone else on the road? Is the extra 20 seconds it takes to safely pass other road users really worth the stress and hassle?

Abusing anyone should be an offence.

I am sorry for your loss.

Whilst the majority is probably down to car drivers' faults, there is still a significant number of idiots who do not use lights at night and dressed like ninjas, those that ignore traffic lights, those who try to undercut lorries turning left etc.

Cyclists in my opinion, are no better or worse than other road users, there are bellends everywhere. The difference is that if a cyclist gets it wrong, the consequences are much more serious.

I am sorry for your loss.

Whilst the majority is probably down to car drivers' faults, there is still a significant number of idiots who do not use lights at night and dressed like ninjas, those that ignore traffic lights, those who try to undercut lorries turning left etc.

Cyclists in my opinion, are no better or worse than other road users, there are bellends everywhere. The difference is that if a cyclist gets it wrong, the consequences are much more serious.

lycra seems to bring out the peak bellend in them though...

heavy traffic, I’m turning right, oncoming cars stop and leave junction clear, look at me! I’m Bradley wiggins! flashes up the inside of the now stationary traffic head down at 30+

Knobheads are everywhere. Could you really live with yourself knowing that you were involved in accident that took someones life. Right or wrong, dead is dead!!
Check out this you tube channel. Some complete knobheads operating all types of transport modus. Though when tagged by a car, the cyclist always, ALWAYS, comes of worst.

You Tube - Cycliq

SK

lycra seems to bring out the peak bellend in them though...

heavy traffic, I’m turning right, oncoming cars stop and leave junction clear, look at me! I’m Bradley wiggins! flashes up the inside of the now stationary traffic head down at 30+
What sartorial choices is it that lead car and van drivers to pass so close that I can almost feel their wing mirror brush my hand?

You may also wish to refresh your memory of sections 110 and 111 of the Highway Code.

Whilst I hate to generalise, I fo find that the most rabid cyclist haters are obese red faced boomers driving tragically crap cars. I wonder if that generation grew up in a world where mass car ownership was still a relatively new social construct? The brutal truth is that the current model of car ownership is going to change beyond recognition in the next few years.

Whilst I hate to generalise, I fo find that the most rabid cyclist haters are obese red faced boomers driving tragically crap cars. I wonder if that generation grew up in a world where mass car ownership was still a relatively new social construct? The brutal truth is that the current model of car ownership is going to change beyond recognition in the next few years.
But most cyclists will still be arrogant, rude, ignorant and feel entitled.

The brutal truth is that the current model of car ownership is going to change beyond recognition in the next few years.Whilst I hate to generalise, I fo find that the most rabid cyclist haters are obese red faced boomers driving tragically crap cars. I wonder if that generation grew up in a world where mass car ownership was still a relatively new social construct? The brutal truth is that the current model of car ownership is going to change beyond recognition in the next few years.
Blaming the coffin dodgers again, From what I've seen, the abuse is across all age groups in both
directions

Baby Boomers: Baby boomers were born between 1946 and 1964. They're currently between 57-75 years old