Abusing cyclists to be made a hate crime?

Cheers for that. I agree, they make the bike visible to other road users.

Cheers for that. I agree, they make the bike visible to other road users.
I always have my front white light on solid and the rear red light flashing, I also have a green flashing light pointing at the ground under the bike in bad weather. Now I don't know the legalities of that at all.

Schrodinger cyclist rides again. They don't use lights until they use flashing ones.
RD8nB30.jpeg

Admit it. You just like the feel of that thing ripping into your colon and prostate as you cycle on cobbled streets.

Admit it. You just like the feel of that thing ripping into your colon and prostate as you cycle on cobbled streets.
And the shaved leg thing . That was a life time ago legs like a wookie now and some out of date bikes to sell .

BBC News - Cyclist deaths soar on rural roads in England
another one of those says-a-lot-says-nothing articles.
How many of the lycrans fell off/lost control and hit a tree or wall/weren't seen by motorist etc
Again, my experience of a lot of the lycrans is that their sense of 'Right' overcomes their sense of self-preservation.
Doesn't matter - my one-ton car beats your bicycle every time.
And I ensure my lights are always on, that I drive at a speed suitable for conditions, and obey silly things like traffic lights and one-way signs.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
another one of those says-a-lot-says-nothing articles.
How many of the lycrans fell off/lost control and hit a tree or wall/weren't seen by motorist etc
Again, my experience of a lot of the lycrans is that their sense of 'Right' overcomes their sense of self-preservation.
Doesn't matter - my one-ton car beats your bicycle every time.
And I ensure my lights are always on, that I drive at a speed suitable for conditions, and obey silly things like traffic lights and one-way signs.
I cycle to work most days
I drop the kit off the pedal around, its quicker
But I have had several near misses and sweaty moments when lycra clad alpha males cut through red lights and ride on the wrong side of the road to save 5 seconds
I ride a very solid very very heavy Dutch upright cycle, your carbon fibre creation is going to get proper buggered colliding with me
Plus I am. Not exactly a racing snake either
And don't even mention morons from my local council estate no lights, nicked bike and dark clothes on the drug run
In the car I must admit to making little effort to avoid them, as it already arrived pre dented, and it's good for them to learn a lesson

But I have had several near misses and sweaty moments when lycra clad alpha males cut through red lights and ride on the wrong side of the road to save 5 seconds
I ride a very solid very very heavy Dutch upright cycle, your carbon fibre creation is going to get proper buggered colliding with me
And don't even mention morons from my local council estate no lights, nicked bike and dark clothes on the drug run
In the car I must admit to making little effort to avoid them, as it already arrived pre dented, and it's good for them to learn a lesson
Yep. If you want to race or exercise hard, go to a track or decently wide road. We've forgotten that bikes are for transport & still treat them like kids do.
I was on a Brompton when a fckwit cut me up..on another brompton. Great bikes, sadly like BMWs/Audis for typical owner attitude.

It is a bit of a pain breaking rhythym, however slow, for a red light.....but it's still a red light for a reason. I might have tricked past one or two, but damn sure it felt wrong and there was no-one crossing.

I should talk, i was a bike courier! that was a century ago though.

Anyone without lights pretty much deserves to be swiped into a hedge fullstop.

The last row I had with a cyclist: narrow path that leads to the station, 3ft wide at the most. Mr Bellend decides to pedal down it (racing bike, not a bmx).
He didn't see the value or point in it taking the same amount of time to cycle up & around a proper road 15 yards away to get to the same point.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC News - Cyclist deaths soar on rural roads in England
I just don’t want to be one of the unlucky drivers that hits one.
Only a couple of days ago I was behind a cyclist, dressed in fecking Lycra so he was and so he rode like he owned the road. There is a straight piece of road so I check my mirrors just in case some one is over taking me pull out and bingo he swerves out as well, changing gear perhaps? I don’t know but I’m glad it was a wide road and nothing was behind me I had to slam my brakes on and pull back in he literally went across the centre white lines.
I‘m a decent sort in real life and don’t want to kill anyone, how I avoided this idiot I don’t know, my heart was beating really fast I can tell you and I’m pretty sure the Cnut on the bike was oblivious to it all, it was one of those incidents where you don’t have time to even think about sounding the horn.
I got past the fecker once I calmed down, he and another driver might not be so lucky the next time he tries such a trick.

clanky

War Hero
I just don’t want to be one of the unlucky drivers that hits one.
Only a couple of days ago I was behind a cyclist, dressed in fecking Lycra so he was and so he rode like he owned the road. There is a straight piece of road so I check my mirrors just in case some one is over taking me pull out and bingo he swerves out as well, changing gear perhaps? I don’t know but I’m glad it was a wide road and nothing was behind me I had to slam my brakes on and pull back in he literally went across the centre white lines.
I‘m a decent sort in real life and don’t want to kill anyone, how I avoided this idiot I don’t know, my heart was beating really fast I can tell you and I’m pretty sure the Cnut on the bike was oblivious to it all, it was one of those incidents where you don’t have time to even think about sounding the horn.
I got past the fecker once I calmed down, he and another driver might not be so lucky the next time he tries such a trick.
If your driving so close that you have to brake, your probably too close.
Try treating cyclists like a small car. Stop thinking about overtaking in terms of 'getting past the fecker'. You are obviously a decent sort.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
If your driving so close that you have to brake, your probably too close.
Try treating cyclists like a small car. Stop thinking about overtaking in terms of 'getting past the fecker'. You are obviously a decent sort.
I was accelerating to get past the twat. The last time I over took any one I remember I had to get pretty close in order to actually get past the object I was over taking.
Believe you me prior to that manoeuvre I was giving him plenty of room., it just so happened that as I was closing the gap the idiot pulled out right across the road, and no there were not any junction up ahead. Why do you think I waited for a straight piece of road?
Jesus clank, I’m “Hendon trained”, road craft an all that.

TamH70

MIA
Anyone without lights pretty much deserves to be swiped into a hedge fullstop.

The last row I had with a cyclist: narrow path that leads to the station, 3ft wide at the most. Mr Bellend decides to pedal down it (racing bike, not a bmx).
He didn't see the value or point in it taking the same amount of time to cycle up & around a proper road 15 yards away to get to the same point.

I saw a twat with an unlit bike a couple of nights ago. He had dark clothing on too. But what really made me want to for a brief second or so run after him and kick his teeth in until his skull turned into powder was that the utter mong had his arms crossed going down a hill. On one of the busiest arterial routes in this bleak pit of despair and late Royal Mail parcel deliveries that is Paisley.

The last time I was out on my bike at night not only did I have a 360 degree retro-reflective jacket on, with lights festooning my daysack, but enough other lights on the bike that a bloody Easy Jet Airbus formated on me for a bit thinking I was a landing strip at Glasgow Airport.

I saw a twat with an unlit bike a couple of nights ago. He had dark clothing on too. But what really made me want to for a brief second or so run after him and kick his teeth in until his skull turned into powder was that the utter mong had his arms crossed going down a hill. On one of the busiest arterial routes in this bleak pit of despair and late Royal Mail parcel deliveries that is Paisley.

The last time I was out on my bike at night not only did I have a 360 degree retro-reflective jacket on, with lights festooning my daysack, but enough other lights on the bike that a bloody Easy Jet Airbus formated on me for a bit thinking I was a landing strip at Glasgow Airport.
He was knicking it.