Abusing cyclists to be made a hate crime?

Back on thread.

This sort of stuff really isn't acceptable in the 21st century (not the cyclist, the tw4t in the 4x4):

Cardiff cyclist confronts driver who sexually harassed her​

A cyclist who confronted a man after he shouted lewd comments out of his car at her has spoken of the barrage of daily harassment faced by women.
Nanw Beard was cycling in Cardiff when the driver pulled up alongside her and said her "backside was going to cause an accident".

that’s a huge behind and could cause an obstruction.

191BADBB-A202-49F8-87C8-56CC02FE7D23.jpeg

TamH70

MIA
In my line we tend to focus on the depth rather than the width of the berth.

Yeah, I kind of got that impression due to your avatar.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
This morning I noticed a moron cycling along phone in hand !!, he didnt fall off mores the pity
and then this afternoon after witnessing some one doing something very very silly ( it will be in the Emperor Mongs column I am sure)
I was just thinking that nothing else could go wrong, when approaching a roundabout, a chump on a cycle cuts across on the wrong side of the road, no signals, and carries on on the wrong side of the road, lucky nothing was coming down
I slammed the stop pedal very hard
my camera took some picture of the Nugget
2a.jpg
3a.jpg
4a.jpg
5a.jpg

colinmc400

Old-Salt
This morning I noticed a moron cycling along phone in hand !!, he didnt fall off mores the pity
and then this afternoon after witnessing some one doing something very very silly ( it will be in the Emperor Mongs column I am sure)
I was just thinking that nothing else could go wrong, when approaching a roundabout, a chump on a cycle cuts across on the wrong side of the road, no signals, and carries on on the wrong side of the road, lucky nothing was coming down
I slammed the stop pedal very hard
my camera took some picture of the Nugget
View attachment 582334View attachment 582335View attachment 582336View attachment 582337
looks like some Uber eats delivery mong or something. Not a real cyclist.

DITA

MIA
A van driver on a bike.

The illusive 'White Bike Man' - replacing the white vans in all good towns and cities near you!

Although I'm not sure thats appropriate these days.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
AS most of you know
I drive, I motorcycle, and I cycle
I try to be considerate and apologise if I make a mistake
however this evening drivingback into Nam, I came upon possibly the worst example of Mamil Mongery and downright arrogance that I have witnessed for a long while
along the side of the A40 just before the new brewery is an old reservoir, at present a team of workers are engaged upon replacing the safety fences ( to prevent owners of German motor cars drowning
now there is also a footpath
so for safety one lane is protected by cones, and a reduced speed limit, simples, they are only working in the verge
so sitting waiting for the temporary lights to change, I am wondering why the the oncoming cars are taking so long ??
and then I spot it
Mr Mamil on high end pedal bike out for an evening ride, holding every one up through the roadworks
now just past the lights, there is indeed a large pile of Heras fencing, but once past that nothing
so Mr Mamil could so easily have nipped in through the cones, and ridden the 500 meters through the roadworks without holding any one up. but he didnt
and to cap it all, at the end of the road works, he kept to the centre of the road to turn right into a big house !!!
me I would have cycled inside the coned off area, and then waiting for a gap in the traffic to cross the road
enclosed a few images from the batcam to illustrate his udder rudeness, and arrogance
mamil a.jpg
mamil.jpg
mamil2.jpg
mamil2a.jpg
mamil3.jpg
mamil3a.jpg
mamil4.jpg
mamil4a.jpg
mamil5.jpg
mamil5a.jpg
mamil6.jpg
mamil6a.jpg
mamil7.jpg
mamil7a.jpg
mamil8.jpg
mamil8a.jpg
mamil9.jpg
mamil9a.jpg
mamil10.jpg
mamil10a.jpg

I’d have done exactly the same. How would I know why it had been coned off?
I’ll tell you why.
I once did exactly what you are proposing while on my motorbike. Stretch of road coned off, clown in a car driving at a speed best measured in geological timescales holding up a line of traffic, so I nipped through the cones to overtake.
I hadn’t seen the fact that further on, the road had been planed and there was a step at least 6 inches high to get back onto the correct side of the cones.
if it’s coned off, there’s a reason.

I’ll tell you why.
I once did exactly what you are proposing while on my motorbike. Stretch of road coned off, clown in a car driving at a speed best measured in geological timescales holding up a line of traffic, so I nipped through the cones to overtake.
I hadn’t seen the fact that further on, the road had been planed and there was a step at least 6 inches high to get back onto the correct side of the cones.
Exactly. NEVER enter a coned area. If you do, don't express surprise or disgust if any workers in it "have a quiet word" with you.

I’ll tell you why.
My mate Neil did something similar on his blackbird on the on ramp coming from Larkhall. Went down a hole and wrote of the bike, was in hospital for weeks, and had to have surgery including his gall bladder out. His missus and kids convinced him no more bikes after that.

My mate Neil did something similar on his blackbird on the on ramp coming from Larkhall. Went down a hole and wrote of the bike, was in hospital for weeks, and had to have surgery including his gall bladder out. His missus and kids convinced him no more bikes after that.
I was lucky. I spotted a bit where the step was less high and managed to bump up it without dropping the bike or damaging the wheel. It properly put the shits up me though, and I had several what if scenarios running through my head for weeks after.

Exactly. NEVER enter a coned area. If you do, don't express surprise or disgust if any workers in it "have a quiet word" with you.
Before or after you've run/nearly run them over?

A couple of colleagues had a narrow scrape doing some condition surveys on a closed(!) section of country road. Imagine their surprise when a car appeared at speed around a blind bend nearly taking them out. Apparently the driver had assumed it would be okay to ignore the signs, move a few cones and do what the f*%k they liked.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
First of all it was late in the evening
no workers working, they leg it at 4pm every day
second they are working on the barriers not the road surface, the gaps in the cones are more than wide enough to ride a pushbike through without moving them, how do I know ? cos I did exactly that the week before
the road surface is spotless, its only coned off to allow the fence panels to be swung
and if you are on a motorcycle then there is no need to go through the cones, stay on the prescribed path

First of all it was late in the evening
no workers working, they leg it at 4pm every day
second they are working on the barriers not the road surface, the gaps in the cones are more than wide enough to ride a pushbike through without moving them, how do I know ? cos I did exactly that the week before
the road surface is spotless, its only coned off to allow the fence panels to be swung
and if you are on a motorcycle then there is no need to go through the cones, stay on the prescribed path
Funny how motorists will complain about cyclists not following the rules of the road but also complain about cyclists not breaking the rules if it slightly inconveniences them.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Funny how motorists will complain about cyclists not following the rules of the road but also complain about cyclists not breaking the rules if it slightly inconveniences them.
didnt inconvenience me ! Last time I got stuck in a single lane roadworks, I moved over and stopped to let the cars past, good manners really

Before or after you've run/nearly run them over?

A couple of colleagues had a narrow scrape doing some condition surveys on a closed(!) section of country road. Imagine their surprise when a car appeared at speed around a blind bend nearly taking them out. Apparently the driver had assumed it would be okay to ignore the signs, move a few cones and do what the f*%k they liked.
A few years (or decades ago) there was a documentary showing roadworkers on the motorway working overnight with traffic ignoring the reduced speed etc

This was followed for a few days by mumbling of outrage at the terrible drivers and reassurance that everyone will take care and give consideration for the roadworkers.

….. and then soon forgotten when a nasty man puts some cones up slowing traffic

Latest Threads