Abusing cyclists to be made a hate crime?

Knobheads are everywhere. Could you really live with yourself knowing that you were involved in accident that took someones life. Right or wrong, dead is dead!!
Check out this you tube channel. Some complete knobheads operating all types of transport modus. Though when tagged by a car, the cyclist always, ALWAYS, comes of worst.

You Tube - Cycliq

SK

lycra seems to bring out the peak bellend in them though...

heavy traffic, I’m turning right, oncoming cars stop and leave junction clear, look at me! I’m Bradley wiggins! flashes up the inside of the now stationary traffic head down at 30+
What sartorial choices is it that lead car and van drivers to pass so close that I can almost feel their wing mirror brush my hand?

You may also wish to refresh your memory of sections 110 and 111 of the Highway Code.

clanky

War Hero
Whilst I hate to generalise, I fo find that the most rabid cyclist haters are obese red faced boomers driving tragically crap cars. I wonder if that generation grew up in a world where mass car ownership was still a relatively new social construct? The brutal truth is that the current model of car ownership is going to change beyond recognition in the next few years.

Whilst I hate to generalise, I fo find that the most rabid cyclist haters are obese red faced boomers driving tragically crap cars. I wonder if that generation grew up in a world where mass car ownership was still a relatively new social construct? The brutal truth is that the current model of car ownership is going to change beyond recognition in the next few years.
But most cyclists will still be arrogant, rude, ignorant and feel entitled.

anglo

LE
The brutal truth is that the current model of car ownership is going to change beyond recognition in the next few years.Whilst I hate to generalise, I fo find that the most rabid cyclist haters are obese red faced boomers driving tragically crap cars. I wonder if that generation grew up in a world where mass car ownership was still a relatively new social construct? The brutal truth is that the current model of car ownership is going to change beyond recognition in the next few years.
Blaming the coffin dodgers again, From what I've seen, the abuse is across all age groups in both
directions

Baby Boomers: Baby boomers were born between 1946 and 1964. They're currently between 57-75 years old

I deeply regret the passing of the flat-cap (or bunnet as it is known locally) as the combat indicator of a driver barely in control of his own bladder let alone his 1.5 tonne penis-extension.

This video is quite shocking. Disturbing even.
Like I've said before, what did the cyclist ever do too deserve this.
Could've been your dad, your mum, son, daughter, etc etc.
You Tube - Cyclist struck

SK

Poor bugger, let's hope that he recovered and the motorist was hung out to dry!
A note from them: "Charged with 2 counts of assault, 1 count of reckless driving and driving without a license. He will serve 45 days in county jail and a year parole. This is thanks to the video. Had there been no video chances are nothing would have been done".

SK

What sartorial choices is it that lead car and van drivers to pass so close that I can almost feel their wing mirror brush my hand?

You may also wish to refresh your memory of sections 110 and 111 of the Highway Code.

well, there’s the problem that every bloody council narrows every 10ft carriageway to 6ft to create bloody cycle lanes that no ones uses.
What’s that? Most cars are 6ft wide!

get on tbe pavement.

well, there’s the problem that every bloody council narrows every 10ft carriageway to 6ft to create bloody cycle lanes that no ones uses.
What’s that? Most cars are 6ft wide!

get on tbe pavement.
Again, your lack of knowledge of the Highway Code is somewhat disappointing.

Section 163
Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should
….
give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car

miner69er

War Hero
Got hit the other day on daily commute - white van - he jumped a red light. Thanks feck there was witnesses about. Sore rib cage - but he was in big shock, he could not even get out of the van. Saw a note out today from Cycling UK syaing that most accidents happen on or near junctions!
I use a camera on the front of my bike and when I get to speak with a driver who has been a bit naughty I offer him the following. Can I have an apology - if the answer in no I inform him that I will be sending evidence to Police, Ninety percent of drivers apologise. I dont cycle like a cnut, I wear HV vest, have lights on, and wear helmet. Cyclist jumping red lights or on pavements piss me off. I think there are bad an good on both sides and have tapped on car windows to thanks a driver fo giving me a wide berth, they are very happy with that.
Anyway safe cycling (and driving) to all.
Keep Safe

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
both my wife and I cycle, albeit on upright cycles, she is regularly forced to brake or swerve due to mamils cutting in front of her, swerving, overtaking then braking, she tends to be quite blunt with them
we get a fair few cycling past our house, they always bloody shout and bellow, the same sort who drive an Audi or BMW to work every day
old school tourings cyclists CTC types are invariably polite and well mannered and never raise their voices

RTU'd

LE
So if a cyclist bent on suicide goes up the blind side of a lorry are you still allowed to drive over them & help them to met the 72 virgins they are promised in cycling world magazine. Oh hang on its always the drivers fault every time.

Perhaps ALL cyclists should have to take & pass a test before going out on the Queens Highway.
After all most other users do apart from London licenced private taxi's a deliverdoo drivers who dont.

Again, your lack of knowledge of the Highway Code is somewhat disappointing.

Section 163
Overtake only when it is safe and legal to do so. You should
….
give motorcyclists, cyclists and horse riders at least as much room as you would when overtaking a car

I don’t pull out around pavements, why should I pull out around lycaistes in their own lane?

top tip for Bradley Wiggins wannabes, keep to the f’ing left in the cycle Lane, don’t play ‘taking The road’ on the right hand line.... 1.5 tonnes of steel wins the game of lycra, bone, 4x4 every time

Given a choice of swerving into a head on with another vehicle or Nerfing the t@t on a bike bigging himself up against the cars and swerving out in front of me to dodge a manhole cover to protect his precious lycra clad derriere.....

Rule 1 of the Cyclists Highway Code

keep out of the way of and give way to cars, The Car is ALWAYS right, you may be technically in tbe right, but you will always be dead right.

Thursday a.m., traffic-light controlled roadworks at the junction of Belfast Road and Cable Road, Whitehead. Lycramong filters up the inside of stopped vehicles, runs over the cables for the temporary lights and nearly hits the generator. The guys working on the road all yelled at him in best County Antrim vernacular. Lycramong looks most insulted.

I wish I'd been in my own car as it has a dashcam.

both my wife and I cycle, albeit on upright cycles, she is regularly forced to brake or swerve due to mamils cutting in front of her, swerving, overtaking then braking, she tends to be quite blunt with them
we get a fair few cycling past our house, they always bloody shout and bellow, the same sort who drive an Audi or BMW to work every day
old school tourings cyclists CTC types are invariably polite and well mannered and never raise their voices

there ya go.

we get plenty of proper cycle tourists and club runs out our way, (were on a CTC touring route) they wear high viz, they will shout ‘CAR‘! As You come up behind and everyone keeps over, if there’s a cycle Lane, they use it.

And now we have packs of black lycra clad buffoons on their all black racing bikes, pumped on energy gel, racing each other in big pelotons of dozens, yelling, overtaking each other constantly, using the whole lane, no regard for cars, other cyclists, pedestrians, never stop at junctions, storm down the sides of slower cars in traffic - and woe betide any car that dares to try overtake their peloton