Abusing cyclists to be made a hate crime?

Cyclists.
Bloke pedalling along on the road on his way to work. I've no problem with him at all.

Lycra clad morons pedalling in a big pack, re enacting the Tour de France holding up numerous vehicles. No.

Not acceptable to do that.

Last edited:
Cyclists.
Bloke peddling along on the road on his way to work. I've no problem with him at all.

Lycra clad morons peddling in a big pack, re enacting the Tour de France holding up numerous vehicles. No.

Saw that just a couple of weeks ago. I reviewed the footage from my dashcam, there were 21 of them, in a big bunch going very fast on a downhill section of a main road near where my folks live. The road narrows significantly to pass under an old railway bridge:

Capture.JPG

I understand that some of the riders split off, and went down "The Smartie Tube" on the left. Complaints were made to Police by pedestrians, and plod have "had a word" with the clearly-identifiable cycling club emblazoned on the MAMILs' clothing.

Bloke peddling along on the road on his way to work. I've no problem with him at all.

Lycra clad morons peddling in a big pack, re enacting the Tour de France holding up numerous vehicles. No.

As a Lycra clad moron im actually in agreement . I cycle with the CO and that's it. Boils my piss no end the 20-30 bods being a mobile chicane . That plus the never ending litany of shouts

As a Lycra clad moron im actually in agreement . I cycle with the CO and that's it. Boils my piss no end the 20-30 bods being a mobile chicane . That plus the never ending litany of shouts
At the end of the day, everyone is entitled to use the public highway, I have no problem with cyclists that are responsible and polite, I give a very wide berth when overtaking them rather than buzz them leaving a fag paper width between them and my wing mirror.

Some of them though do cause a lot of aggro with the way they ride, these are generally all the gear, no idea pillocks who think they are the next Bradley Wiggins, the vast majority of cyclists are actually OK.

Abusing cyclists ought to form part of the driving test.

Cyclists.

Peddling would imply he's a bit of a pikey and likely trying to flog you a new driveway or clothes pegs window to window in the traffic.

If he minds his own business, pedalling along in the cycle lane or along the side of the road, there shouldn't be any problems.

Peddling would imply he's a bit of a pikey and likely trying to flog you a new driveway or clothes pegs window to window in the traffic.

If he minds his own business, pedalling along in the cycle lane or along the side of the road, there shouldn't be any problems.
Duly noted.

City of Edinburgh Council has gone Full Retard and set up, "Spaces for People" all over the city.

0_clutter.jpg

The stated aim is to make it safe for pedestrians and cyclists. Of course, you see more cyclists on the road or pavement than behind these bollards. All they have achieved is to make driving in Edinburgh, which resembles a giant building site at the best of times, even more difficult. And there have already been reports of ambulances etc being stuck behind traffic because there is simply no way to pull over and let them pass.

IMHO, abusing cyclists(and councillors)should be regarded not as a crime but rather a public duty. Preferably one that is carried out with a chainsaw.

The stated aim is to make it safe for pedestrians and cyclists. Of course, you see more cyclists on the road or pavement than behind these bollards. All they have achieved is to make driving in Edinburgh, which resembles a giant building site at the best of times, even more difficult
The thing you’ve got to remember is that the people who design and build cycle paths and the like, hate cyclists even more than you do.

Debatable. And whatever their feelings towards cyclists, they obviously hate car owners even more.
Whatever their relative strength of feelings, they obviously get their jollies through forcing the two groups into conflict.

exsniffer

Old-Salt
City of Edinburgh Council has gone Full Retard and set up, "Spaces for People" all over the city.

View attachment 577572

The stated aim is to make it safe for pedestrians and cyclists. Of course, you see more cyclists on the road or pavement than behind these bollards. All they have achieved is to make driving in Edinburgh, which resembles a giant building site at the best of times, even more difficult. And there have already been reports of ambulances etc being stuck behind traffic because there is simply no way to pull over and let them pass.

IMHO, abusing cyclists(and councillors)should be regarded not as a crime but rather a public duty. Preferably one that is carried out with a chainsaw.
Have they managed to totally congest the place by bringing in a city wide 20 mph speed limit yet?

Have they managed to totally congest the place by bringing in a city wide 20 mph speed limit yet?

They've tried their best. But even Polis Scotland have said that it's impossible to enforce, so most drivers ignore it and stick to around 30mph. Although in many parts of Edinburgh, you'd need the flying car from Harry Potter to hit even 20mph.

exsniffer

Old-Salt
They've tried their best. But even Polis Scotland have said that it's impossible to enforce, so most drivers ignore it and stick to around 30mph. Although in many parts of Edinburgh, you'd need the flying car from Harry Potter to hit even 20mph.
Thanks for the reply, what with the danger of independence and the tax bill for that and the machinations of the council I think my grand kids will be keeping the house in the 'ferry for a good while longer

The gist of all this is stop behaving like cnuts to each other
While ever we are this divided then the powers that be aren't going to listen to us as road users

May I welcome you Holiness to ARRSE
fullsizeoutput_1cc68.jpeg

Latest Threads