Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abusing cyclists to be made a hate crime?

A lot of cyclists with drivers' licences would benefit from an advanced driving/riding course, and studying the Roadcraft police drivers' handbook. A lot of stuff you thought was unpredictable can actually be seen developing a mile off, and usually the mistakes and bad habits of motorists you'll encounter become non-issues.

A driver ahead slams on the brakes? Not a problem, because I'm usually bumbling about in third gear - hardly ever needing to use the brake pedal - and I've already clocked the driving habits of all the other drivers, and all the developing hazards as far as I can see.

If you can do this, what you find is that everything from A to B flows smoothly, you'd be relaxed, and hardly anything you come across would bother you.
This.
I have a friend who is an ex copper, been in her car a few times and noticed the way she drives. I asked her why she doesn't use her brakes much, her reply

"If you have to use the brakes you've either not read the road properly or you've fucked something up, brakes just stop the **** up becoming fatal".

She drives like a lunatic.

This.
I have a friend who is an ex copper, been in her car a few times and noticed the way she drives. I asked her why she doesn't use her brakes much, her reply

"If you have to use the brakes you've either not read the road properly or you've fucked something up, brakes just stop the **** up becoming fatal".

She drives like a lunatic.

And she's right. I've ridden a motorcycle 20 miles without needing to use the brakes once. Bearing in mind this wasn't motorway, it was twisty A roads at best. Knowing what you're doing avoids a lot of "oh shit" moment's.

Latest Threads