Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Abusing cyclists to be made a hate crime?

I’ve honestly never had a spat with a cyclist, seen the odd ********* and thought they would only get away with that for so long. Cursed a few irresponsible cünts riding on the woodhead pass, but still gave them plenty of space and only went past when safe to do so.

Ive only ever shouted at a cyclist once, but that wasn’t in anger, it was genuine concern, he had no lights at night and was wearing dark clothing, I pulled level and told him I could hardly see him, told him to ride on the pavement.

These changes don’t bother me, or alter the way I drive.

It strikes me that some posters on here are just ignorant ********* and for a bloke with no legs and fücked hands, I’m a better driver than you, but then that’s not hard.

I’ve honestly never had a spat with a cyclist, seen the odd ********* and thought they would only get away with that for so long. Cursed a few irresponsible cünts riding on the woodhead pass, but still gave them plenty of space and only went past when safe to do so.

Ive only ever shouted at a cyclist once, but that wasn’t in anger, it was genuine concern, he had no lights at night and was wearing dark clothing, I pulled level and told him I could hardly see him, told him to ride on the pavement.

These changes don’t bother me, or alter the way I drive.

It strikes me that some posters on here are just ignorant ********* and for a bloke with no legs and fücked hands, I’m a better driver than you, but then that’s not hard.

Dinger, when was the last time you drove through london, or Birmingham?

I lived for most of my life in Cambridge, Massachusetts. A very bicycle friendly city but increasingly so in recent years.
People on bicycles seem unable to grasp the fact that traffic lights apply to all users of the road. One intersection on a busy road from the Harvard Square area towards downtown Boston has a traffic light often ignored by bicyclists heading to work and a number of serious accidents resulted (injuries to bike riders, damage to cars). The CPD assigned one of the police officers on bicycles to enforce the light offenses. Susan was assigned there for a week and wrote 30 citations in 5 days for bike violations. The city council got hysterical and she was removed from that assignment. Carnage continues at that intersection to this day.
I used to work in a building where the mensroom had a shower and the ladies room did not. A young woman who rode to work by bike complained that she could not shower and change before work. The signs on the doors were swopped and female visitors were bemused by a urinal in the ladies room and male visitors wondered about the tampon machine in the mens (before that was moved).

Cyclists have been getting away for far too many years with acting as if they are entitled to take precedence on the roads in any situation with particular attention to behaving as if the Highway Code in it’s entirety simply doesn’t apply to them and they are always the innocent party regardless of the circumstances of any problem on the road.

If cyclists were treated like all other road users and were actually held to account for their behaviour on the roads and their virtually total failure to bother with following any of the rules in the Highway Code, the roads would be a far safer place for all road users but funnily enough, especially for cyclists!

Driving around in a cyclist rich environment is a very stressful activity because you know they will completely ignore the rules and you will cop the full blame for any problems but it’s occasionally rewarding to observe some of these nutters dual with a double decker bus and an articulated lorry combination and marvel at how they managed to not die in the encounter.

Most of the time!

I know, splitting hairs over a compulsory payment to use public roads in a engine driven vehicle.
Road Fund Licence they call it now, it is a tax on the motorist.
Even the government calls it a tax >> Tax your vehicle
It is a tax, a road tax.
I’m not going to argue with you, as your ignorance of the subject is clearly willful.

What happens if a gay white man on a bicycle is abused by a trans black man for nearly knocking down a disabled lesbian?
You've all missed the obvious. The miscreant and holder of all the blame is the white man, whether he likes to garden uphill or not...

Have we got a full house yet? Can someone shout HOUSE when we have the full set of cyclist stereotypes?

Driving around in a cyclist rich environment is a very stressful activity because you know they will completely ignore the rules and you will cop the full blame for any problems
You must be a very bad driver. I would say I am about average.

I drive, cycle and ride motorbikes. I've never felt stressed driving where there are plenty of cyclists - and I live / drive in London.

Some are pricks; most aren't. Much like car drivers. All you have to do is use your eyes and be considerate of other road users. It's not difficult.

Dinger, when was the last time you drove through london, or Birmingham?

This year, UJC and Birmingham hippodrome. I was in Manchester beginning of the week and regularly drive round Nottingham. I have more issues with ******** car drivers than cyclists.

You’re about 300 years old. Are you sure you’re fit to drive?

A few mong self entitled cyclists, with time on their hands, have got a knot in their shorts, beacause their perceived owner ship of the tarmac, is being challenged by ordinary law abiding motorists, who have to pander to their somewhat total disregard of road courtesy's, lack of forewarning of change of direction, and the sheer bloody mindedness of their road craft. FFS.

Having had to do emergency stops, instant avoiding manoeuvres, and then had a mouthful of abuse beacause some 2 wheeled prat hasn't, signalled, looked before pulling out, and on one occasion, shot out in front of me, from my blind side, cut me up, and lost it, shot across the road and landed on his arse on a grass verge, and then had a go at me. They should have compulsory insurance, and a road tax.

End of rant, calm down ...and relax.......

Late entry edit. Memory jog:- At The "fingerpost" intersection of the A4124 and Pellsell road, I had just crossed the intersection, traffic light controlled, about 10yards on the Brownhills side, a push bike on the grass, all mangled up, and lying next to it a very groggy cyclist. I stoped and helped him to his feet, he had been knocked off by a hit and run, he worked in the E.D. Rose factory about a mile distant, as I did. My 8 seater was big enough for his bike and we both arrived in one piece. The lad recovered. his bike was a write off. He never did find out who ran him down. 1994.

Last edited:

Latest Threads