• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Abuse in The Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Text at top of page said:
One more - if you upload an image of yourself, pe prepared for the worst!
So fair enough for personal uploads and especially for personal uploads into the Truth Behind The Username (attention seeking whores that some of us are). :lol:

However, the recent photos uploaded to ARRSE Pi$$ Ups and Social Events have attracted an - in my opinion - ridiculous amount of unwarranted abuse.

Folks, these are photos of ARRSErs out having a good time together. Describing the girls in the most unflattering terms imaginable will only result in people refusing to put pics in and - again in my opinion - will result in the site losing an attraction.

Mods - I would ask you to have a look at some of the more negative comments. The same people can be seen again and again posting both mindless drivel and pointed abuse, not only in the Gallery, but also in the ACF and OTC forum and are as apt to criticise someone in any of the serious forums as they are in the NAAFI Bar.
 
#3
abacus said:
Text at top of page said:
One more - if you upload an image of yourself, pe prepared for the worst!
So fair enough for personal uploads and especially for personal uploads into the Truth Behind The Username (attention seeking whores that some of us are). :lol:

However, the recent photos uploaded to ARRSE Pi$$ Ups and Social Events have attracted an - in my opinion - ridiculous amount of unwarranted abuse.

Folks, these are photos of ARRSErs out having a good time together. Describing the girls in the most unflattering terms imaginable will only result in people refusing to put pics in and - again in my opinion - will result in the site losing an attraction.

Mods - I would ask you to have a look at some of the more negative comments. The same people can be seen again and again posting both mindless drivel and pointed abuse, not only in the Gallery, but also in the ACF and OTC forum and are as apt to criticise someone in any of the serious forums as they are in the NAAFI Bar.
Woah there big man. Phone call for you. Something to do with a pot, kettle and the colour black.

If people can't take the abuse then they shouldn't give it out.

Did you not just call GB a cnut?

I would recomend that you practise what you preach, before gobbing off.
 
#4
StabTiffy2B said:
abacus said:
Text at top of page said:
One more - if you upload an image of yourself, pe prepared for the worst!
So fair enough for personal uploads and especially for personal uploads into the Truth Behind The Username (attention seeking whores that some of us are). :lol:

However, the recent photos uploaded to ARRSE Pi$$ Ups and Social Events have attracted an - in my opinion - ridiculous amount of unwarranted abuse.

Folks, these are photos of ARRSErs out having a good time together. Describing the girls in the most unflattering terms imaginable will only result in people refusing to put pics in and - again in my opinion - will result in the site losing an attraction.

Mods - I would ask you to have a look at some of the more negative comments. The same people can be seen again and again posting both mindless drivel and pointed abuse, not only in the Gallery, but also in the ACF and OTC forum and are as apt to criticise someone in any of the serious forums as they are in the NAAFI Bar.
Woah there big man. Phone call for you. Something to do with a pot, kettle and the colour black.

If people can't take the abuse then they shouldn't give it out.

Did you not just call GB a cnut?

I would recomend that you practise what you preach, before gobbing off.
GB is a cnut everyone knows that it wasn't an insult just Abs stating a well known fact
 
#5
Stabtiffy - go and read it again - I deliberately responded to that poster because of an unwarranted comment he made to Liz. And I did so beside his comment so that he would see exactly what I thought of it. Subsequently, and instead of continuing the spiral into the cesspool with him I decided to raise the issue here in public debate.

As far as pot calling kettle black, if G_B ever puts a photo of himself in the gallery then - and only then - have you the right to comment on what I may or may not do.

Feel free to edit your post, we're all allowed to get it wrong occasionally and I note your abuse has stopped since the girls had "a word" with you.
 
#6
Hardly. I'm just aware of what the CO's will let me get away with without blocking my PMs :wink: . The only thing I'd touch them with is a cattle prod (with the exception of trolly).

At the end of the day, if people can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. I'm honest in my opinions of others and I can take their retalitation. If some people can't, then they're probably in the wrong place.
 
#7
Seeing from whom the comment (yup, just the one) originated from I am asking myself whether this is a problem that needs taking seriously.

As far as I can tell most of what the poster normally says is close to the bone or abuse. It is hardly out of character. Can this safely be ignored or is it entirely without precedent that something must be undertaken?

I think the images of what I can only term as humiliation of Stabtiffy where he was still recognisable more unfortunate and were in need of action by the mods which duly happened...

Not getting mixed up in the he said, she said thing by the way.
 
#8
Abacus or indeed Abs,

Stop whining like a bird and take life like the man you are supposed to represent.

At present you are acting like Superman without his " S " logo shirt. Has someone taken away your talisman ( ARRse socks)?.

Take deep breaths and allow the young Smooje to slip out of your secret haven, at least give him a chance to shoot his watery tech load onto your slim, childlike chest.

I look forward to your input......mmmmmmm........input.
 
#9
abacus said:
Stabtiffy - go and read it again - I deliberately responded to that poster because of an unwarranted comment he made to Liz. And I did so beside his comment so that he would see exactly what I thought of it. Subsequently, and instead of continuing the spiral into the cesspool with him I decided to raise the issue here in public debate.

As far as pot calling kettle black, if G_B ever puts a photo of himself in the gallery then - and only then - have you the right to comment on what I may or may not do.

Feel free to edit your post, we're all allowed to get it wrong occasionally and I note your abuse has stopped since the girls had "a word" with you.
The photo is there if you look for it. Watch you don't get too assaulted by the smell of slipstream and Avgas though.
In all honesty it will smell better than the stench of diesel and dougnuts from your combat handbag.
 
#10
This site has its own areas where abuse is to be taken on the chin, ie. The NAAFI! The photo album is showing a group of people having a good time and getting along well. Why dish out the abuse on those???? The abuser may just as well be sending a PM to that person and offensive regular abuse is not what its about. Why make the effort to go and view on numerous occasions just to dish it out? Its not even banter, its very harsh and very nasty.
 
#11
StabTiffy2B said:
At the end of the day, if people can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen.
Exactly my point. Anything uploaded by self - don't complain. Anything uploaded by others is a problem - as Good CO noted for your pictures.

I ask you AGAIN to read my first post where I specified that quite clearly. The photos of both crawls represent a bunch of ARRSErs all having a good time (even you have to recognise that your life wasn't actually in danger and you were as much a part of the night as anyone). Why it is necessary for such pointed personal comments I have no idea.

Why so many others seem to find them acceptable - or at least are unwilling to pass comment about the comments - I also have no idea. But as far as me getting "swingers between my legs" though, as G_B suggested, I am more than happy to stand up to bullies on anyone's behalf. And will continue to do so.
 
#12
Geordie_Blerk said:
The photo is there if you look for it. Watch you don't get too assaulted by the smell of slipstream and Avgas though.
In all honesty it will smell better than the stench of diesel and dougnuts from your combat handbag.
Now that is genuinely funny G_B. Why can't you do more like that instead of your usual vindictive garbage?
 
#13
Rather than subject the rest of arrse to our dullness, I'll continue via PM.
 
#14
abacus said:
Why so many others seem to find them acceptable - or at least are unwilling to pass comment about the comments - I also have no idea. But as far as me getting "swingers between my legs" though, as G_B suggested, I am more than happy to stand up to bullies on anyone's behalf. And will continue to do so.
I think you may be referring to myself here.

I think I may have used unfortunate wording in so far as I don't think it is acceptable but judging by the source hardly surprising. I seem to glance at such posts and then after a check of the poster knows they can safely be ignored.

Some find particular joy being generally abusive to all and sundry sometimes it is funny other times it isn’t. At no point however should it be taken seriously.
 
#16
Although not my style to continually have a pop at some of the pics in the gallery i do like to read some of the comments. sometimes i piss myself laughing at some of some of the comments :D . even though they may be close to the bone.

That said if you post pics you cannot surely be that naive to think people (especially soldiers) wont take the mickey.
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#17
happyhammer said:
That said if you post pics you cannot surely be that naive to think people (especially soldiers) wont take the mickey.
That's not what Abacus is saying. This site has different levels of moderation for different forums (no abuse in the serious sections, pretty much open season in the Naafi) which do not seem to apply in the gallery.

Some of the comments can be really quite vicious, especially about the female members. And if you didn't upload the picture yourself it's not something that should be acceptable.

I agree with Abacus; by all means have a pop if it's uploaded in the 'Username' category but it's a bit off when it's just a load of us out enjoying ourselves.
 
#18
smoojalooge said:
The Smoojalooge thinks G_B is bothered by dreams of small boys every night
Stickiness on my upper thighs and globes of joy is not a bother.

Fat blokes in uniform, now that does bother me.

Civvie women who moan about fluffy bunnies, relationships and bacardi breezers on an Army website though, is just fukcing wrong.

Eh, Baby_Blue, or are you going to slag off Simon Weston again?

Anything to spice up your lonely civilian existance. Fcuk off sweetheart and make me a brew.
 
#19
[quote="Geordie_Blerk
Civvie women who moan about fluffy bunnies, relationships and bacardi breezers on an Army website though, is just fukcing wrong.quote]

Fluffy _Bunny seems quite a good bloke - can't believe anyone would whinge and whine about him :?
 
G

Goku

Guest
#20
8O
Right, if any of the photos I’ve uploaded to the gallery are upsetting anyone who’s in them, then of course they should be removed from the gallery.
PM one of the COs and I’m sure it’ll happen faster than Dale removing StabJrs underpants :wink:

As for the playful exchange of abuse throughout ARRSE, it’s only words on a computer screen, harmless banter.
I for one enjoy abusing and being abused (interpret how you like ladies :D )
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top