Abuse claims probe at army centre

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/4453919.stm

Claims that young British Army recruits have suffered vicious beatings in Scotland are being investigated by the police and Army, it has been confirmed.

The assaults are alleged to have been authorised by senior officers at Fort George Barracks in Inverness.

Royal Highland Fusiliers' soldiers claimed they suffered unprovoked attacks, known as "bleaching", by colleagues as they slept.

The alleged victims claim to have been beaten with sticks and metal bars.

The assaults were said to have taken place not only at Fort George Barracks but also while the soldiers served in Cyprus.
Situation in Russian army is maybe even worse. Look

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3760552.stm

but beating of sleeping... it's beyond rules.

What do you think about this case in Scotland? It is rare isolated case or rather a tradition?

I remember one case. A soldier (Russian one) was severely beaten by his mates but he denied even fact of beating. It is a tradition of Russian army: soldier who is complaining is not true soldier.

Frankly speaking I'm puzzled. Is this theme uninteresting or unimportant?

B

Biscuits_AB

It's the pretend Russsian that makes me laugh...........I can hear him at his keyboard doing the bad guy impersonations........"So we meet again, Meester Bond......."

Beat it you c*nt.

Biscuits_AB said:
It's the pretend Russsian that makes me laugh...........I can hear him at his keyboard doing the bad guy impersonations........"So we meet again, Meester Bond......."

Beat it you c*nt.
Couldn't agree more. In my family, we were infiltrated as deep cover sleepers into Marlborough and Christ College Cambridge, before returning to the KGB Officer Academy. As a result we speak perfect English, with perhaps just a hint of a Kensington drawl, don't yer know? My uncle however drew the worst assignment, he got Balls Pond Road Seconary Modern and the RCT Junior Leaders...today he is a Colonel General in the KGB when on leave but the rest of the time he is a Staff Sergeant on DROPS. Za Russkya!

benjaminw1 said:
It's going on elsewhere on the forum old chap
Dear Benjamin! It explains all.

Biscuits_AB said:

Beat it you c*nt.
Dear friend!

Thank you for your polite replay. It's very kind of you to spend your costless time for such a insignificant person as your obeyed servant. Though, it seems to me that you are too nervous. It's not good, it may lead to high blood pressure but her majesty needs you to defend the Crown.

As you used this word (c*nt) then I make a conclusion that you would be interested in its Russian analog.

PIZDA=C*NT with the same meaning, also (as in English) it can mean woman (both ugly and handsome depending on context).

Russian is very rich on expressions of this sort. Suppose that you are on peacekeeping operation with Russian friend and he proposes very risky operation. Say in this situation

PIZDOY BLYAD NAKROESHSYA EBANY V ROT PIZDABOL KHUEV

No doubt you Russian friend (in this imaginary situation) would be very attentive to your arguments.

NAKRYTSYA PISDOY means mm... very bad end.

BLYAD - universal word that originally means woman without strict rules but this word can be used anywhere with plenty of meanings.

EBANY V ROT means "had oral sex" (ROT=mouth)

PIZDABOL - this word has many meanings. One of them - man who tells silly things.

KHUEV - literally "belongs to penis"

Another derivatives from Russian analog of your favorite word

PIZDATY tank (very good tank)
PIZDANUTY driver (crazy driver)
PIZDETS to tank (bad prediction for tank's future or constatation of fact)
PIZDET - talk, tell anecdotes, unrealistic stories.
SPIZDET - steal
PIZDANUT - to hit.
and so on and so forth.

Dear Cuddles!

Right variant would be Za Rossiyu. You can laugh but I'm indeed Russian and live in Moscow.

B

Biscuits_AB

I laugh at anybody that lives in Moscow, but you're as Russian as Milton Keynes.

Cockski.

Biscuits_AB said:
I laugh at anybody that lives in Moscow, but you're as Russian as Milton Keynes.

Cockski.
Dear friend!

I'm curious, why do you think that i'm not Russian?

Sergey Poleshchuk.

KGB_resident said:
Dear Cuddles!

Right variant would be Za Rossiyu. You can laugh but I'm indeed Russian and live in Moscow.
Well thank you comrade for that. What's the weather like in Guildford today??

Onwards Stakhanovite ARRSers, we must post 16 million more postings this quarter, if the five year plan is to be realised and the forces of imperialist Bush cast down!

Cuddles said:
KGB_resident said:
Dear Cuddles!

Raining... About half hour ago I drove my car along Balaklavsky (Balaklava) prospect and on crossing with Sevastopolsky prospect (it's Russian spelling of Sebastopol) I thanked God that new road scheme was introduced recently there - very convenient one. Moscow is overcrowded by cars.

B

benjaminw1

KGB_resident said:
Cuddles said:
KGB_resident said:
Dear Cuddles!

Raining... About half hour ago I drove my car along Balaklavsky (Balaklava) prospect and on crossing with Sevastopolsky prospect (it's Russian spelling of Sebastopol) I thanked God that new road scheme was introduced recently there - very convenient one. Moscow is overcrowded by cars.
Севастопольский пр surely?

B

benjaminw1

No and no; though a dab hand at online translating services

(and White Church Orthodox as well!)

Note to mods that's white versus red ecclesiaticaly not skin colour

benjaminw1 said:
No and no; though a dab hand at online translating services

(and White Church Orthodox as well!)

Note to mods that's white versus red ecclesiaticaly not skin colour
Really my English is very poor but I try to translate the story (moreover it has military background). My apologies for ineviable mistakes.

BBCRussian proposed to write short story where 3 words should be used: prolegomens (basic principles), bustraphedon (style of writing where direction of letters is changed from string to string) and Russian word MALAKHOLNY (vulgar rural word that means sick). Also name of radio program should be used.

It is my story [I will put my remarks this way]

Vladimir Vladimirivich [Putin] we received a letter from mr.Sharon. He expressed concern about intention of Syria to buy Russian anti-aircraft shoulder missiles. He confirms will of Israel to peace and wrote about basic principles, more right explains prolegomens of resolving of ME problem.

What-what? Don’t fool me Sergey Victorovich [Lavrov, Russian FM]. I can ask my daughters about “Lego” [in Russian pro lego means about lego]. Give me it. Tut-tut, why one string is in Russian and left to right and another consists of strange letters and probably right to left?

It is bustraphedon, snake type writing. (to himself: it would be easier for him to understand).

Ah… What a high level of science is in Israel! Snake has peed and they make drug from this [in Russian NAPISANO ZMEYEY can be understood in both way]. What can I OTMOCHIT [vulgar word that means both pee and do something] to this MALAKHOLNY? Hear, don’t answer. Before it we push one idea to how it … “Looking from London”… ah BBC. That we going to sell Syrians our ZABORISTYE [mm… very good] missiles. These, how it… “Alexander the Great” [Iskander-E]. As they would know that it is not true then Sharon would be free from heart attack and he would not require his nurofen.

B

Biscuits_AB

Why don't you just offer us money and we'll tell you all the secrets we know. Like MDN wears a frock on Friday and calls himself Fiona.