Abu Hamza's son loses British passport

Need a few more actions like this.

Well that' brightened up my Sunday- anyone else hooked on this story?
I see what you did there.

I fear this is a stunt by the government. It's illegal to make somebody stateless.

If he's a British or dual national citizen, as the Telegraph story and his possession of a UK passport implies, then the government can't keep him out. If he's not a British citizen then he can claim asylum at Heathrow. He can't be deported to Syria.

It might frustrate his travel plans a bit as he'd have to find an airport that doesn't check British passports against the revoked list. Although as his dad is Egyptian he could probably get an Egyptian passport.

I see what you did there.

I fear this is a stunt by the government. It's illegal to make somebody stateless.

If he's a British or dual national citizen, as the Telegraph story and his possession of a UK passport implies, then the government can't keep him out. If he's not a British citizen then he can claim asylum at Heathrow. He can't be deported to Syria.

It might frustrate his travel plans a bit as he'd have to find an airport that doesn't check British passports against the revoked list. Although as his dad is Egyptian he could probably get an Egyptian passport.

The bit in bold, you are quite correct; as for the rest of it, you are not...

NSP

LE
Oh, dear - the poor lamb has been stranded in Syria, has he? Well, he'll just have to do what all those others did - sneak through Turkey and Greece and then cling to the bottom of a Eurostar.

On the other hand, I've read that these "freedom fighter" groups make you publicly destroy your passport if you rock up as a foreign volunteer, so...

Latest Threads