Abu Hamza "Wrongly Convicted"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr_Fingerz, Oct 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

He hasn't won his appeal just yet. But, it seems that the basis of the appeal is that inciting foreigners to kill foreigners is not illegal. More at the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6102046.stm This ranks with "It wasn't me, it was a big boy who ran away" as far as excuses go. :evil:
  2. Not too much of a twist to get to a situation where Shia may kill Sunni and no one cares. Suggest we find someone from tribe that opposes old Hooky and bring him here to kill the bstard. "You are not obliged to say... harm your defence...etc" Reply - Oh, it's OK where I come from. If money is needed to get this operative here, sign me up for a days pay.
  3. The law applies to whoever is resident in this country at the time. They are tried under our system and they face our penal system if convicted. At a preagreed point they can be deported back to their county of origin, where they usually serve out their time in their home country's prison system. Now correct me if I am wrong but British Prisons are a lot cushier than Egyptian prisons. I think that this guy wants to keep his mouth shut and do his time, if he knows what is good for him. If he wants to live in this country he has to abide by the laws of the land, and if he breaks those laws, he has to face the consequences. He may get off on this one charge on a technicality, but he was charged with 15 different offences of which he was found guilty of 11 of those.

Fine let him go, he will have to be re-arrested as the Yanks want him next. Lets extradite him to the US and see if he gets off there.