Abu Hamza could face extradition

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Gas Gas Gas, Nov 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is is Christmas? Is Bob hope playing Golf again?
  2. Blimey! BBC1 news now. The Courts have said that ol'Hooky can be shipped out to the Good old "Death Penalty" US of A ! Now it's up to Mrs.Spliff
  3. I wonder how much hand wringing and soul searching is now in progress at the Home Office?

White business men on suspicion of questionable business practices - Yes extradite.
    Islamic extremist preacher and possible terrorist - Hmm. Perhaps the taxpayers should continue to fund that one.
  4. I knew they'd get him, by hook or by crook.

Sorry... Aherm...
  5. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

A bit of Caribbean sea air at Gitmo will do him good, and the orange jump suit will go nicely with his beard. I'm just worried that the US authorities will have qualms about providing him with an arrse-wiping service...
  6. I love the "Hammer House of Horror" photo on the BBC...
  7. Wonder how much legal aid he is gonna get to fight this decision...
  8. It is difficult to accept that character is still here. Isn't there a list of countries that want to do "justice" upon him? Yet, we are probably still paying benefits to his familly.

Why does the article state he is from west London? He is not. He is just a scrounger that came here because he was not wanted in his own country and got to be given benefits without contributing a thing.

The UK will probably continue to spend money on this git (and his familly through benefits/legal aid etc) while not funding needed aid to injured forces people.

Blood boiling/outraged etc.
  9. I was under the impression he came here because he was wanted in his own country (as well as many others) otherwise why would he flee Egypt?

10. You are of course correct depending upon which angle you view it from.

He was wanted to be in their control by the people that administer justice. OTOH he was not wanted to be there living free by almost anyone.

Then again. I expect that you knew what I meant in the first place. I should have been more specific.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

What good news! The Human Rights Act has a different meaning in the US. Why don't we ship all our malcontents over to the septics, they can have them for a bit and THEY can return them to the countries to which they belong! Job jobbed, and no Human Rights abused!
  12. From the final paragraph at the BBC;

So we've already got him banged up for 15 years. We loan him to the Yanks who put him down for 100 years. We get him back to finish his 15 and then return him to the US for his 100 year stint.
  13. Why is it that we have to wring our hands about these things? When the Italians had their own version of Captain Hook he was hoofed out within 24 hours! They can even ship out undesirable Europeans that they don't like the look of. What's happened to the British spine? Let's hope that the Americans deal with him a bit more seriously than we have. Can I have his people carrier when he's gone?
  14. Perhaps the Italians do not have as many Human Rights lawyers scrabbling around for Legal Aid. I bet if the HR types had to do "No cure, no fee" it would be an awfully lot quieter.