• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Abu Hamza could face extradition

I wonder how much hand wringing and soul searching is now in progress at the Home Office?

White business men on suspicion of questionable business practices - Yes extradite.
Islamic extremist preacher and possible terrorist - Hmm. Perhaps the taxpayers should continue to fund that one.

cpunk

LE
A bit of Caribbean sea air at Gitmo will do him good, and the orange jump suit will go nicely with his beard. I'm just worried that the US authorities will have qualms about providing him with an arrse-wiping service...

It is difficult to accept that character is still here. Isn't there a list of countries that want to do "justice" upon him? Yet, we are probably still paying benefits to his familly.

Why does the article state he is from west London? He is not. He is just a scrounger that came here because he was not wanted in his own country and got to be given benefits without contributing a thing.

The UK will probably continue to spend money on this git (and his familly through benefits/legal aid etc) while not funding needed aid to injured forces people.

Blood boiling/outraged etc.

Perturbed said:
It is difficult to accept that character is still here. Isn't there a list of countries that want to do "justice" upon him? Yet, we are probably still paying benefits to his familly.

Why does the article state he is from west London? He is not. He is just a scrounger that came here because he was not wanted in his own country and got to be given benefits without contributing a thing.

The UK will probably continue to spend money on this git (and his familly through benefits/legal aid etc) while not funding needed aid to injured forces people.

I was under the impression he came here because he was wanted in his own country (as well as many others) otherwise why would he flee Egypt?

rockape34 said:
Perturbed said:

I was under the impression he came here because he was wanted in his own country (as well as many others).

You are of course correct depending upon which angle you view it from.

He was wanted to be in their control by the people that administer justice. OTOH he was not wanted to be there living free by almost anyone.

Then again. I expect that you knew what I meant in the first place. I should have been more specific.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
What good news! The Human Rights Act has a different meaning in the US. Why don't we ship all our malcontents over to the septics, they can have them for a bit and THEY can return them to the countries to which they belong! Job jobbed, and no Human Rights abused!

From the final paragraph at the BBC;

Once tried in the US, Abu Hamza would have to return to the UK to complete his jail term before being extradited if any sentence was handed down to him by an American court.
So we've already got him banged up for 15 years. We loan him to the Yanks who put him down for 100 years. We get him back to finish his 15 and then return him to the US for his 100 year stint.

Why is it that we have to wring our hands about these things? When the Italians had their own version of Captain Hook he was hoofed out within 24 hours! They can even ship out undesirable Europeans that they don't like the look of. What's happened to the British spine? Let's hope that the Americans deal with him a bit more seriously than we have. Can I have his people carrier when he's gone?

Perhaps the Italians do not have as many Human Rights lawyers scrabbling around for Legal Aid. I bet if the HR types had to do "No cure, no fee" it would be an awfully lot quieter.

ericthellama said:
Why is it that we have to wring our hands about these things? When the Italians had their own version of Captain Hook he was hoofed out within 24 hours! They can even ship out undesirable Europeans that they don't like the look of. What's happened to the British spine? Let's hope that the Americans deal with him a bit more seriously than we have. Can I have his people carrier when he's gone?
The Italians have done this a number of times in the past few years. The usual method is to pitch up at the 'suspect's' home some time before breakfast, ask the 'suspect' to accompany, and drive straight to airport. No stopping off to pick up a lawyer, or any phone call stuff...straight on the plane.
If the 'suspect' starts whinging on about human rights and right to appeal, they're told that, of course they have the right of appeal. "But, sunshine, you'll have to do it from wherever you're going to now, via the Italian Embassy and at your own cost. Ciao."

Latest Threads