Abu Hamza al-Masri's legacy to Britain.

Abu Hamza al-Masri or 'Hook' Hamza as he became known, married a British woman Valarie Fleming in 1980, something his stepdaughter believes was simply an effort to be able to remain in the UK. An Imam of Finsbury Park Mosque he preached radical views and was subsequently arrested.

Attempts to have him extradited to the US where he faced terrorism charges were very protracted. It took 10 years until he was finally sent to the US where he was subsequently convicted. The court costs and various costs during imprisonment incurred were substantial, but it would seem that even after his departure, his is a toxic legacy that just keeps on costing the UK taxpayers.

His children seem to be carrying on this seemingly endless cost of coping with their 'contributions' to society here. It would seem that four of 'hook-handed' cleric Abu Hamza's six sons have criminal convictions, two sons have a record with extremism and along with a stepbrother, have collectively spent 40 years in British jails.

His daughter-in-law avoided deportation from Britain after she tried to smuggle him a phone while in prison here, because she is a mother and living in a taxpayer-funded council house. The Moroccan-born woman, spent a year in jail for smuggling a mobile phone SIM card into Hamza’s high-security prison under her burka. The European Court of Justice’s top legal adviser had indicated that because she is the sole carer for her British son aged four she cannot be expelled unless she poses a ‘serious’ threat to society and so she remains.

The continuing drain on public funds from this one man's family seems ongoing.

The sad thing of course is this is just an example of one radical's cost to this country, how many more examples do we have from the huge influx of illegal immigration that continues to flow in seemingly unchecked by ineffectual border control, and policies that have made this country such a magnet for illegals to head for in the realisation that simply to arrive here is to have hit a financial jackpot.

Dunno, but the (white working class) criminal families in my home town have been there for generations.

But obvs they’re different.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Dunno, but the (white working class) criminal families in my home town have been there for generations.

Well unless they like bomb-making and are ideologically sympathetic to those who favour mass casualty attacks on UK civilians, obviously they are different.

Well unless they like bomb-making and are ideologically sympathetic to those who favour mass casualty attacks on UK civilians, obviously they are different.
Drugs, random violence to druggies, but of robbery. All good god fearing crimes any Englishman would be proud to commit.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Drugs, random violence to druggies, but of robbery. All good god fearing crimes any Englishman would be proud to commit.
But not crimes that leave the emergency services trying to work out which bit of thirteen year-old belongs to which thirteen year-old after they've been blown up for going to a concert.

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
Abu Hamza al-Masri or 'Hook' Hamza as he became known, married a British woman Valarie Fleming in 1980, something his stepdaughter believes was simply an effort to be able to remain in the UK. An Imam of Finsbury Park Mosque he preached radical views and was subsequently arrested.

Attempts to have him extradited to the US where he faced terrorism charges were very protracted. It took 10 years until he was finally sent to the US where he was subsequently convicted. The court costs and various costs during imprisonment incurred were substantial, but it would seem that even after his departure, his is a toxic legacy that just keeps on costing the UK taxpayers.

His children seem to be carrying on this seemingly endless cost of coping with their 'contributions' to society here. It would seem that four of 'hook-handed' cleric Abu Hamza's six sons have criminal convictions, two sons have a record with extremism and along with a stepbrother, have collectively spent 40 years in British jails.

His daughter-in-law avoided deportation from Britain after she tried to smuggle him a phone while in prison here, because she is a mother and living in a taxpayer-funded council house. The Moroccan-born woman, spent a year in jail for smuggling a mobile phone SIM card into Hamza’s high-security prison under her burka. The European Court of Justice’s top legal adviser had indicated that because she is the sole carer for her British son aged four she cannot be expelled unless she poses a ‘serious’ threat to society and so she remains.

The continuing drain on public funds from this one man's family seems ongoing.

The sad thing of course is this is just an example of one radical's cost to this country, how many more examples do we have from the huge influx of illegal immigration that continues to flow in seemingly unchecked by ineffectual border control, and policies that have made this country such a magnet for illegals to head for in the realisation that simply to arrive here is to have hit a financial jackpot.
That ilk of terrorist often hails from a society in which family is human capital, a means of support and protection.

Applied in this context that equals a benefit-scrounging scumbag who breeds children for the benefits entitlements and "right to a family life" ECHR human right that (for a long time) prevented his deportation.

Ditto for these scumbags' wives; free housing, protection (of sorts) from the outside world courtesy of their nutty husband and foul criminal / terrorist offspring.

But not crimes that leave the emergency services trying to work out which bit of thirteen year-old belongs to which thirteen year-old after they've been blown up for going to a concert.
Oh, for that you’ll be looking for those loyal volunteers of Ulster.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh, for that you’ll be looking for those loyal volunteers of Ulster.
This is Arrse, not your promotion board. You're quite safe displaying a bit of moral courage and questioning the unquestioning celebration of diversity in this environment.

Did you do much in Ulster?

I know exactly what I'd like to do but if I post it up I'll be twatted with a ban hammer.
It’s okay I’ll do it for you

168B2B1A-4A73-4B7B-95ED-253FA7B8F313.jpeg

I’ve never lost my keys since, what a legacy

Last edited:

Of course they are

No one wants to extradite them and we cant deport them

Scums scum - I will happily support a campaign to remove scum we can remove whilst accepting scum we cant - irrespective of colour - gets to walk around free

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Of course they are

No one wants to extradite them and we cant deport them

Scums scum - I will happily support a campaign to remove scum we can remove whilst accepting scum we cant - irrespective of colour - gets to walk around free
Nothing a flammenwerfer won't sort out.

Nothing a flammenwerfer won't sort out.
feckin liberal -

Churchill crocodile - now thats what you need if your serious

Edit historic dullardy alert - its my undersanding that not only was the fuel thrown by the Churchill (being a napalm type thing rather than burning petrol) rather more nasty but it also had significantly better range than its contempories as well**.
Harking back to WW1 where it was quickly established that whatever CW you threw at the brits - they would not only have an effective counter in the works but also a far more effective delivery system.

Propoganda 101 develop a top end WMD and counter measures let the enemy deploy their inferior version 1st - protest to the world about their barbarism and get to justifiably return the favour in spades.

** Short rather than bloody short

Last edited:

Yokel

LE
What exactly is the point of this thread? We all know that Abu Hamza is an incredibly unpleasant piece of work, and sadly the apple has not fallen far from the tree. It is equally true that we have home grown scum, and that all the terrorist groups in Northern Ireland were happy to kill indiscriminately.

It would be a huge mistake to treat terrorists as anything other than criminals.

Last edited:
It would be a huge mistake to treat terrorists as criminals.

And now weve a debate worthy of the thread

Inserts sub thread title ARE TERORISTS NO MORE THAN CRIMINAL SCUM**

I would argue thats exactly how we should treat them - anything else risks allowing them to legitemitise (spelung) their arguments.

** Not shouting its suppossed to indicate a sub thread title

What exactly is the point of this thread? We all know that Abu Hamza is an incredibly unpleasant piece of work, and sadly the apple has not fallen far from the tree. It is equally true that we have home grown scum, and that all the terrorist groups in Northern Ireland were happy to kill indiscriminately.

Errrrrm, under current English (and Scots) Law, terror offences are exactly that - criminal offences.

Terrorism | The Crown Prosecution Service

Unless, of course, you are telling us that you know different?

Hairy-boab

Old-Salt

I still remember watching telly after 9/11. There was a historian talking head who said: “I suspect that history will judge that it would have been better to launch a police operation to catch criminals, rather than a war upon terrorists”.

Anyone disagree?

Latest Threads