Absolute bollocks

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by wet_blobby, Jan 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Caught this last night - Gorbals Mick (undeserving of being called Speaker) - has decreed that recordings were too indistinct to pick up who said it, so it is to be expunged to prove that it was never said.

It should stand as being from the Government side, along with the Tory's immediate reponse of 'unparliamentary language'. Let the record be a record, not simply a Government lie.

Sorry, I meant another government lie.

Or that should be yet another government lie.

2. Gorbals Mick is a disgrace to a)his office, as I cannot recall so biased a speaker ever, b)his so-called principles because he seems to be very happy to live as a fat cat, making the most of his pomp despite allegedly being somewhere to the left of Keir Hardy and c)democracy because of his habit of "playing favourites" during debates.

3. Its just more sh1t slinging by the Sun. His comments aside the whole article is just tripe.

As for Bob Ainsworths comments, even if it is recoded in the Hansard as this was reported in the Sun I have a hard time believing it.

4. normally would agree but sadly the sun articles fairly on the money.

daily fascist article
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/columnists/dailymail.html?in_article_id=508215&in_page_id=1790

BBC article
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7187907.stm

5. That being so, if the Scum reported that the sky was blue I would look out of a window to check.

6. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Ainsworth is a half-wit. Have you seen him being interviewed ? Paxman shredded him and showed what an incompetent f*ckwit he is. With him and our part-time Sec Def what hope do we have ? Rant could begin here...

7. He's visiting our place tomorrow.

Does anyone have a question they might like putting forward? if I'm allowed near him that is.

8. As Tory MP John Baron warned British troops were facing life-threatening equipment shortages, with many being forced to go without body armour and satellite phones, Mr Ainsworth was quoted as saying: "Absolute bollocks."

The official record of a parliamentary debate on the Armed Forces was rewritten last week after Defence Minister Bob Ainsworth strenuously denied using the "unparliamentary phrase".

He was backed by Commons Speaker Michael Martin, who ruled that audio and visual tapes of the proceedings were unclear and had not picked up the words – despite Hansard reporters sitting in the Press Gallery recording them.

9. Actually the allegation is that he said:

"Absolute Bo*ll*cks" 8O

Theres a bit of a stink going on because it appears that Hansard has in effect been tampered with and what is written is not a true record of what was said, some of he more high - minded MP's take this very seriously indeed!

10. Balls or B0llicks, we are missing the main point here, that of the Government ignoring equipment shortages reported from the front line.

11. Already done here. But for what it's worth, the media's take and what's actually recorded in Hansard differ markedly.