Abrahamic Religions, just hate them.

Yet again in the name of a sky pixie people are raped and abused, only shock horror here it isn't the roman catholic cult, it is abhorrent and immoral and a crime against all humanity.

Religion is pretty pointless in a modern world, but it's Bongo Bongo land out there

So wouldn't they have found another excuse to bugger boys if it wasn't a religious school?

Religion is pretty pointless in a modern world, but it's Bongo Bongo land out there

So wouldn't they have found another excuse to bugger boys if it wasn't a religious school?
When I was a kid at school in the late 1970s I remember having RE lessons and thinking they were a kind of history/mythology thing. The world I was growing up in was scientific and progressive. We would move on, and beliefs would be personal.
It is alarming how religion is still allowed so much space in our society. It still surprises me that the BBC has a religious (and beliefs or something) department. I am still surprised that we allow schools to have religious prefixes.
Have a faith by all means, but it should be private and a matter between you and your god(s).

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
“Civilization will not attain to its perfection until the last stone from the last church falls on the last priest.”
Émile Zola

Yet again in the name of a sky pixie people are raped and abused, only shock horror here it isn't the roman catholic cult, it is abhorrent and immoral and a crime against all humanity.

Got a particular gripe there? So thats the only religion that abuses kids? All religious organisations have been found to do it. Youth groups, military groups, sports groups all sorts. Why are you having a go at one in particular?

Got a particular gripe there? So thats the only religion that abuses kids? All religious organisations have been found to do it. Youth groups, military groups, sports groups all sorts. Why are you having a go at one in particular?
Er, did you read the article?
Islamic boarding school where they were chained up, raped by staff and starved 'in the name of teaching them the Koran'

So no, the roman catholics aren't the only child abusing group or even mentioned in the article. Interesting that you jump to their defence when they aren't even mentioned. Almost like a guilty conscience.

Er, did you read the article?
Islamic boarding school where they were chained up, raped by staff and starved 'in the name of teaching them the Koran'

So no, the roman catholics aren't the only child abusing group. Interesting that you jump to their defence when they aren't even mentioned. Almost like a guilty conscience.
Did you actually read my post? The bold in the post i quoted!

Did you actually read my post? The bold in the post i quoted!
Yes. re-stilly said "only shock horror here it isn't the roman catholic cult", clearly stating it wasn't the catholics in a story about muslims abusing people.

Clearly not having a go at one religion, given the story and acknowledgement it wasn't another group. Given that this was abuse in the name of a religion that excludes other non-religious groups from your comparison (scouts etc.) in the context of re-stilly's post.

Yes. re-stilly said "only shock horror here it isn't the roman catholic cult", clearly stating it wasn't the catholics in a story about muslims abusing people.

Clearly not having a go at one religion, given the story and acknowledgement it wasn't another group. Given that this was abuse in the name of a religion that excludes other non-religious groups from your comparison (scouts etc.)
Nope.....................he called it a cult and insinuated that they were the de facto abusers. I'm a card carrying atheist/agnostic/devil worshipper but was raised a left footer and am pissed off with the pounding they get compared to others. Unfounded in my opinion.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Religion simply takes a different form in the modern world - or haven't you noticed how angry and irrational a wide range of interest groups get when you question their 'certainties'?

Nope.....................he called it a cult and insinuated that they were the de facto abusers. I'm a card carrying atheist/agnostic/devil worshipper but was raised a left footer and am pissed off with the pounding they get compared to others. Unfounded in my opinion.
Fair enough but you will accept the majority of child sex abuse stories within the UK from religious organisations have been connected to the catholic church?

raised a left footer and am pissed off with the pounding they get compared to others
I giggled.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Hang on a gosh darn minute.

It's not religion, per se, is it? Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater, and disregard the whole process of law/education/arts we enjoy in our country which are mostly down to the Christian religion.

Same goes for Judaism and Islam - but only when EDUCATION is the foundation.

Build your dodgy criminal empire on shaky, uneducated, overpopulated foundations; add a sprinkling of Class A drugs and that pretty much accounts for all the world's atrocities.

Fair enough but you will accept the majority of child sex abuse stories within the UK from religious organisations have been connected to the catholic church?

I giggled.
Gave you a laugh for that. However.............".majority of child sex abuse stories within the UK from religious organisations have been connected to the catholic church?"............publicised. In a non catholic country it's easy to highlight one lot.

Gave you a laugh for that. However.............".majority of child sex abuse stories within the UK from religious organisations have been connected to the catholic church?"............publicised. In a non catholic country it's easy to highlight one lot.
Do you really believe there are an equal number of child sexual abuse revelations within CofE / Judaism / [insert religion here] that just haven't come to light yet?

Edit - by chance, are you from Glasgow or its suburbs?

Do you really believe there are an equal number of child sexual abuse revelations within CofE / Judaism / [insert religion here] that just haven't come to light yet?

Edit - by chance, are you from Glasgow or its suburbs?
Yup

Er, yes to both?

You don't think that given CofE priests and rabbis can get married and therefore get their rocks off with a consenting adult that might reduce the likelihood of them being paedophiles?

Er, yes to both?

You don't think that given CofE priests and rabbis can get married and therefore get their rocks off with a consenting adult that might reduce the likelihood of them being paedophiles?
Nope. Many convicted paedophiles have been married with kids

Latest Threads