About Turn, anti-clockwise

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by Volunteer, Mar 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ******* Hell, look at that turnout. Grenadiers, is he?

2. Very smart indeed!
    I particularly like the way he was bouncing the butt of his rifle on the road as an aid to marching...the little one I mean.

3. The large wooden top has been issued a proper rifle I see! The small one seems to have been issued with a slightly inferior weapon!:eye:

4. Is the little fellow carrying a SLR? If so Good Drills to him.

Doh...just noticed the big un is also carrying the rifle of rifles...10 lashes with a wet noodle to me...

5. That's awesome.

And top drills from the guy... I think I'd fall over trying to do it 'wrong' like he did.

Why is there an empty box for the little 'un? Shouldn't there be a guard in it.

6. Wonderful. Wonder if the little chap ever signed up!

Doing it with a finger or two,eyes scrunched a bit near the screen, trying to make sure I don't make a mess or mistake in the process.

7. He's brill! Marching into the box and turning round would bring a tear to an RSM's eye.

8. I know we don't deal in facts on here, but the left about turn is taught as part of normal ceremonial double sentry drill. So to throw in a left about turn to avoid the little lad is no big thing.

9. Is it?

I know of the 'ceremonial about turn' which goes to the left bu that is different altogether.

10. He'd mastered the rudiments of drill, in few minutes, at the age (if I have it right) of 2.

On that basis alone he outshines most Guardsmen - and Grens in p'tick'ler, who seem capable (those commissioned and OR) of spending entire careers obsessing about foot drill to the point that nowt else is of any value . . . .

Crackin' vid tho :-D

11. How long was he on stag for - looks a little knackered towards the end - what the hell happened to his relief - Guard Commander needed to have got a grip.

12. Excellent. I've not seen that video posted on ARRSE for, oooooh, at least 3 weeks now.

13. And your point is?

14. Ah! The Black Arts of the Foot Guards: good stuff! :)