About to throw this piece of SHIT out the window.

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Dizzee367, Feb 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What the fcuk is wrong with my computer? Sometimes when I open a few tabs on IE, everything just randomly closes with no warning (sometimes the message below comes up), then when I try to open IE back up again, it just comes up with a white screen and this message again. Usually, I have to restart the computer to be able to open up IE and get it working again, but then after a random amount of time, it happens all over again.
    Also, when I restart, an "End Task" thing usually comes up before it can restart. It tells me to end "SysFader". What the fcuk is that?

Here is the message I get:

Thank you in advance for any help, or taking the time to even read this.
  2. type in "firefox" on google
  3. FireFox/IE, both do the same thing. I'm not too keen on changing web browsers, but if it is the ONLY solution, then I will.
  4. i had this problem a few years ago, have you defragged the comp and scanned for viruses?
  5. Yes I have scanned for viruses, don't think thats the problem, not sure what defragging is.
  6. Firefox is the way forward.

:wink: :pc:

7. Oh fuckit, if I change to FireFox, do all my favourites get transfered over?
  8. If you want them to, yes.
  9. msr

msr LE

Yes you do.

Which antivirus are you running?

10. Ok thanks, AVG.
  11. msr

msr LE

You get what you pay for ;)

Have you tried running http://www.malwarebytes.org ?

12. No, is it better then AVG? I get recommended all this sh!t, and to me, they all do the same thing.
  13. I could potentially offer a mac related snipe from the safety of my screen, probably causing the OP to throw his PC out the window before finding out my details to he can beat me to death with my own feet... But I'll resist.

Although I actually want to ask msr - can AVG really cause issues such as that? I used to use it for years and always found it pretty reliable.

Dizzee367 - move to firefox mate, most people will tell you it's one of the best browsers out there. Although to be honest, I used to use Safari on my old laptop & found that to be pretty good, too.
  14. msr

msr LE

It is not better than AVG, it is complementary.

Personally, I recommend http://www.nod32.co.uk or http://www.bitdefender.com

Yes you have to pay, but the number of PCs I see with malware and which have AVG installed make it worthwhile.

Also, ensure you are up to date with Windows patches by running Windows Update (Start -> All Programs -> Windows update).

15. msr

msr LE

I am not accusing AVG of causing the problems directly.

Like I said, I come across a PCs on a regular (no pun intended) basis which have malware on them and which AVG does not seem to recognise / remove.