About Mk 7 Helmet

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by davwong, Jun 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi chaps, I am a newbie here so I don't know if someone has posted this before. I have used the search engine but nothing came up correctly.

I have a question about the size of the current Mk 7 helmet. Some people told me the Mk7 helmets don't come in small but only medium or large. So if someone's head is kinda small, he/she just needs to use the comfort pads to sort it out. Is this true? No small ones are issued? Cheers.
  2. The small should be ready for H15
  3. People with small heads are harder to hit so only require the protection afforded by a 6a.

On a serous note, the new helmet fitting kit with the extra foam is fantastic, make sure you get hold of one if you can.
  4. oh this sounds bad for those born with a small head.....
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

so does it make you look even more like a mushroom then?
  6. I'm sure we had the option for a size small at the beginning of the month, I vaguely remember 3or 4 helmets sitting there to try on for size.
  7. We all have small heads when born.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. helmet.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. I take a small with a MK6 and MK6a, but my MK 7 is a medium and fits fine.

10. The foam was fantastic, though mine got taken away and I was given an older Mk 7 with the 6A mesh. Gutted!
  11. Sorry I think I have mixed things up. Are you talking about the comfort pads or the gentex one?
  12. There's a comfort kit for the Mk7.
  13. Wear an old MKIV Steel lid, your head will soon swell up to fit! :)
  14. My sweedes 56cm and the medium mk7 (initial issue mk7) fitted me better than the small in the old one. Can't comment on newer mk7s. we never got this comfort pack thing. And it was the larger heads that were struggling to get XLs etc
  15. Newer Mk 7s? so are there two types of mk 7s?