Abn Bike

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Cutaway, May 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

No, I'm not talking about The Horse, I mean the folding pushbikes issued to some lucky buggers to add to their containers.

What's a fair price for one in good nick made by Middlemoe of Coventry ?
  2. No such company. Middlemores used to make saddles.
  3. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Cheers Mr_C, the gen I've been given is incorrect then.
    I always thought the bikes were mostly, if not only, made by BSA.

No idea of a price ?
  4. I believe Montague make folding mountain bikes for the USMC and they have an NSN. As far as I know they will withstand anything you throw at them within reason.Montague Folding MTB
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

I've got a short piece of string and a sister in the Girl Guides, but that's got bograll to do with the original question either.
    Haven't you tired of being a knob yet ?
  6. Ooh touchy this morning, your time of the month? :D Just trying to help but obviously wasn't the answer you were looking for. My apologies
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

1) R.T.F.Q.

2) In three and a half years you've obviously learnt vokoll from Arrse, so while you might be an Air Cadet and in your own words, "worship every member of the Army Air Corp" you'll probably be best off on PPRUNE or better yet this site.
  8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

9. I was kind of hoping that wouldn't come back to haunt me :oops: There isn't really alot I can do for damage limitation. So Cutaway, I offer my apologies once again and will skulk off to my lair like the red faced mong I am.

Oh yeah, not an Air cadet anymore, just a twat
  10. Hi Cuts,
    I saw one a year or two back for 4500 kr, but I'm unsure if it was a wartime model or the Danish postwar copy (which I presume to be less valuable).

I know that Bisgaard Nielsen have one, but they haven't listed the price. You could try giving them a bell, then halving whatever they tell you to get the going rate.

11. Nice article

The 'modern' para bikes as mentioned above are utter dog toffee. I'd not use one to go down the shops on.
  12. That's good to know. I was looking at getting one for university. Do you know of any specific problems they have.
  13. weigh 30lb would be the start ouch.
    folding mountain bike just generally a bad idea.
    get aproper folding bike or a proper mountain bike not some half arrsed thing that fails at both :(
  14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Thanks very much for the gen folks, especially Mr_C.
    From those sites and from what I was able to find out from other sources it turns out that the bike had been misidentified.
    It was a foreign post-war copy and consequently worth four-fifths of fokoll.

When I went to see the boneshaker an oke pitched who was convinced it was an original.
    He was also a right cnut and so far up himself he wouldn't listen to anyone else.
    I didn't lose any sleep when he stepped in and gazumped the intended purchaser to the tune of a grand ! :D