abit annoying for a care assistant

It seems if u want to serve in the TA as a care assistant then you need a NVQ , abit sucky to be honest , i have the experence but no NVQ.

I guess I will sign up for the infantry then , soon.

testing my sigg..

Funny old thing is - the AMS wants people who are qualified as well as experienced, something to do with Clinical Governance apparently...

stab-bloke said:
Funny old thing is - the AMS wants people who are qualified as well as experienced, something to do with Clinical Governance apparently...
and £425 to help reikazen get the qual is a bit too much??? (presuming he'd be gaining relevant experience in his day job)

I went to a field hospital with a shiny new nursing degree and got offered the chef's job.

I'm now an electrician in the Signals.

At least I know CPR when I zap people.

its not the money that stops me doin a nvq its the fact im a health and soical student

:eek:

screw doin stupid nvqs

nat dip in health and social owns everything

can do pretty much anything

cept anything else while im doin the course

well cept TA , i figure i can spare my weekends lol

reikazen said:
its not the money that stops me doin a nvq its the fact im a health and soical student

and Scottish_retard.

Whats the thinking behind this? I've heard things about clinical governance but this seems to be taking the mick. Recruits with quals with/aiming for higher quals being rejected as they don't have experience.

I'd prefer someone with a professional qual treating/nursing me and them not being employed to install the lighting after a 9 day course.

JPALegend said:
reikazen said:

and Scottish_retard.

Whats the thinking behind this? I've heard things about clinical governance but this seems to be taking the mick. Recruits with quals with/aiming for higher quals being rejected as they don't have experience.

I'd prefer someone with a professional qual treating/nursing me and them not being employed to install the lighting after a 9 day course.
\

rofl nice one

yeah erm ill speak geek l33t as much as i want too as this is the internet
thanks
:twisted:

oh and the TAMS are going to get in contact with me so yeah i wil ask about CMT

reikazen said:
rofl nice one

thanks

I was gonna moan about msr's post but je ne comprends pas

Parlez-vous anglais?

reikazen said:
JPALegend said:
reikazen said:

and Scottish_retard.

\

rofl nice one

thanks

What the fcuk was that? Dont be a knobber and we might actually help you.

And how the hell are your Tactical Aide Memoires going to get in contact with you? I always have to read mine.

/quote]

I was gonna moan about msr's post but je ne comprends pas

Parlez-vous anglais?[/quote]

GG

lol?

Detonator said:
reikazen said:
JPALegend said:
reikazen said:

and Scottish_retard.

\

rofl nice one

thanks

What the fcuk was that? Dont be a knobber and we might actually help you.

And how the hell are your Tactical Aide Memoires going to get in contact with you? I always have to read mine.
sorry guys ill stop being such a internet kid.

TAMS territorial army medical services :D

JPALegend said:
and Scottish_retard.

Yeah, it was clinical governance again. Finished my nursing degree and went on to do another one. As I wouldn't be working full time in the health care field it was deemed as a non-starter.

Strange thing was, I wanted to be a CMT. Joined the Signals, and at basic met a number of guys with no health care experience who had been pushed into CMT - they had wanted to be HGV drivers.

Different units, different rules. Something that annoys the crap out of me about the TA.

Forgot to say reikazen, good luck - hope you can convince them!

Scottish_retard said:
JPALegend said:
and Scottish_retard.

Yeah, it was clinical governance again. Finished my nursing degree and went on to do another one. As I wouldn't be working full time in the health care field it was deemed as a non-starter.

Strange thing was, I wanted to be a CMT. Joined the Signals, and at basic met a number of guys with no health care experience who had been pushed into CMT - they had wanted to be HGV drivers.

Different units, different rules. Something that annoys the crap out of me about the TA.

Forgot to say reikazen, good luck - hope you can convince them!
thanks man :D , blah i might end up being the signels with my I.T background and what not.

I kinda wanna join the TA while im still studying because im finding it rather boring over the weekends , still got two years left till I can join fulltime, all my friends are at uni but thats the price you pay for changeing to care from I.T.

reikazen said:
thanks

...and when you write on patients notes could you possibly throw together a lucid string of English, preferably with punctuation? I ask this mainly because adults are going to have to read it!

As for the CMT course, by that I mean Combat Medical Technician, if you can't even be bothered to find out about the positions available in the TA by searching through the TAMS website (and you being so computer literate as well?) why should the army be bothered to train you? For your information you would have to be a working civvie paramedic or above to gain 'Technician' status, you, my dear, will only be able to attain the role of an assistant! This of course harks back to the 'clinical governance' rules now in place.

just **** off charlotte-the-harlot you troll

i dint think about CMT i have looked over the army website very much so , i just missed the idear of being a CMT

and i will perform my job well , im not going to screw up service users notes ( punt intended) , however i can have messy posts geez