Discussion in 'RLC' started by big_vern400, Jul 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Getting posted back to abingdon soon- been out of the loop for 5 years now. Can anyone give me the low down on the state of affairs there these days?? :?
  2. same as gutersloh - but without the duty free
  3. like i say, been out of loop, never done 1/2 regt.
    Whats the state of accom there now, whats the commonwealth ratio now etc etc!!!
  4. where have you been out of the loop?? Alaska?? all major RLC units are in the same boat mate no cash and Brits
  5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

You may need boats down there this week.
  6. might as well be in alaska!!
    however, whats the accom like there now? has z type been built or is it the same shitty efforts that were there 5 years ago??
  7. Good luck Vern!

I was visiting a mate down in sunny Dalton last week. It still looks the same as it always has, security is as tight as ever! :lol:

What mob are you posted to?

8. its Z type mate, but the rest of the camp is still in shit order as it was 5 years ago
  9. still waiting on posting order- hopefully going back to 4. Chuffed the blocks have had something done to them- what a dive!!
  10. looks like i'll be packing my kayac as well as wellies!!
  11. i'm ex 4 regt 97-00,had to go back to the green after a 7 yr break ,decided on going back to 4,to my old sqn ,the place had not changed one bit same accomodation,f hanger ,food even stickies in town the same,good luck mate

ps take wellies
  12. [​IMG]

Take your face-mask, flippers & snorkel!
  13. Always said that it was a big mistake getting rid of Stalwarts!!
  14. I used to be at the naafi in Abingdon, I here it's a Weatherspoons or somthing similar now?!