Abdullah refuses to talk to Netanyahu

Alas, the context was lost on his national CoC, and the post-course debrief on his return to the Fatherland was less, err...convivial.
To some extent that surprises me, however given the "clean up" that Flinten Uschi introduced during her tenure, then maybe things have changed.

It is whispered that a Bundeswehr officer, who had become very familiar with the British sense of irreverent humour at a Defence Academy somewhere in the south of England, is alleged to have included this phrase in one of his final pieces of assessed work during the Op Planning phase. Alas, the context was lost on his national CoC, and the post-course debrief on his return to the Fatherland was less, err...convivial.
Recent enough that some on here may recall the incident more directly.
Was he speaking in English or German, either way it bespeaks a severe standard of PC , or may we not say we want something in black and white any more?

Was he speaking in English or German, either way it bespeaks a severe standard of PC , or may we not say we want something in black and white any more?
Well, seeing as all submissions at Staff College have to be in English so they can be marked by a thick infanteer, I'd say the former...but are you genuinely surprised at the Bundeswehr's reaction? In my experience, they have never had much of a reputation for a sense of humour.
Individually, of course, but institutionally?

ETA: You are aware of the official Germany position on the Nazi regime and its symbology, aren't you? Its quite well-established, and very stable over time.

Well, seeing as all submissions at Staff College have to be in English so they can be marked by a thick infanteer, I'd say the former...but are you genuinely surprised at the Bundeswehr's reaction? In my experience, they have never had much of a reputation for a sense of humour.
Individually, of course, but institutionally?

ETA: You are aware of the official Germany position on the Nazi regime and its symbology, aren't you? Its quite well-established, and very stable over time.
Yes. endLooesung or final solution may have those Connotations but they are as much figures of speech as “final Solution” and can be used in any applicable issue. The final solution to a theorem is not the killing of a species, it is the solution to the theorem, equation, problem, plan. Good god we have to stop this nonsense. I mean if we face an inquisition, the “final solution” is not to be burned at the stake. The statement has to be read in context and in it’s meaning. I beginning to wonder if we need a thesaurus to avoid insulting some one. In context I wonder what happened to the insensitive b of a teacher who introduced me to a class as some one who could tell us how the Gaschambers worked. But hey it was 60 years ago and German lives never mattered. Now where’s me compo?

Yes. endLooesung or final solution may have those Connotations but they are as much figures of speech as “final Solution” and can be used in any applicable issue. The final solution to a theorem is not the killing of a species, it is the solution to the theorem, equation, problem, plan. Good god we have to stop this nonsense. I mean if we face an inquisition, the “final solution” is not to be burned at the stake. The statement has to be read in context and in it’s meaning. I beginning to wonder if we need a thesaurus to avoid insulting some one. In context I wonder what happened to the insensitive b of a teacher who introduced me to a class as some one who could tell us how the Gaschambers worked. But hey it was 60 years ago and German lives never mattered. Now where’s me compo?
Sorry, some of that made sense, but I suspect there's some back story missing.
Do I take it that you are of German descent?
And by stopping 'this nonsense', do you mean that some kind of, umm...final solution is in order?

Which, being ARSSE, will evolve as a remote possibility / possible / very possible / highly likely / inevitable /
Armageddon assured/ entire ME a sea of glass/ the end of Mankind / the lizards will rule the Earth again.
What is this 'again' of which you speak, human?

Sorry, some of that made sense, but I suspect there's some back story missing.
Do I take it that you are of German descent?
And by stopping 'this nonsense', do you mean that some kind of, umm...final solution is in order?
I’ll take that as a tongue in cheek comment.

A woman who came to England from Holland as a child in the fifties told me she had a really awful time because English kids saw her as German or Germanic.

A woman who came to England from Holland as a child in the fifties told me she had a really awful time because English kids saw her as German or Germanic.
Like I said, people were too interested in my German side to bother about the fact that my English father served this country for thirty one years and took part in both battles of Alamein, being wounded in the last.

Latest Threads