Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Fullwit, Jan 22, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a new user, non-Army, I find that I can't de-cypher some of the abbreviations. Most of them I can figure out, but is there a topic somewhere in the forums that I can use to get the meanings?

For example, what does 'LOL' mean?
  2. LOL is a military term meaning

Length of Luncheon-meat,

ie 'I'd give yer mum one lol'

Another is ROFLMAO

Ring open Felch & Lick my **** orifice

Hope this helps, there of plenty of Military TLAs and abbreviations,
  3. LOL - laughing out loud
    LMAO - laughing my arrse off
    ROFL - rolling on the floor laughing
    PMSL - pissing myself laughing
    ROFLMAO - rolling on the floor laughing my arrse off
    ANYA - another numpty yelling arrsehole

oh and a Toonie special... NFL - not fcuking likely 8O

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  4. 8O bollox sorry Fullwit, MDN is obviously more up to date on "military slang" than me, would suggest you use MDN as your mentor :lol:
  5. There he goes away all the trade secrets.
  6. Ummm...this has probably occurred to several others, but why join a site catering to a specific audience (allegedly) when you know you won't have a clue what's going on?

I recommend you donate £1 to ARRSE via the handy link on the right hand side of the screen.

Thanks for coming.
  7. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Non-army - do you mean you're a civilian or you're in another branch of HMAF ?
    If the latter look them up in JSP101, Calypso has one for reading in those 'private moments.'
    If you ask nicely I'm sure he'll lend you his copy. (Some of the pages are stuck together though.)

Otherwise send a private message MDN, RTFQ or Aunty Stella & they'll set you right.
  8. Never thought of looking up the JSP for the meaning of 'LOL'...

On the odd occasion, when stumped, I'll probably just swaller the pride and ask!
  9. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It's there, just ensure it's been amended :

'JSP101, Amdmt 5, Jun 2004 (MDN)'
  10. Once again, Calypso comes to the rescue.

Is he the masked man?
  11. Calypso - donation on the way. Does that mean that I don't make any more comments on the site?
  12. Aww fullwit, don't stop posting - how else will I be able to get my laughs? :wink: