abandoned soviet sub base

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by maguire, Jul 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

2. Nice Link Maguire! bugger building that place!

3. Here's something else you might find interesting. It's the U-Boot dockyard "Valentin" in Bremen-Farge. You can still wander around it, although almost all of the fittings and machinery have been removed. It's absolutely ginormous and well worth a visit. There are some piccies further down the page.

It's all in German, by the way, but lots of ARRSErs are sufficiently familiar with the langauge.

http://www.relikte.com/brm_valentin/innen/index.htm

The other links on the page also go into how it was built, production techniques, etc and also have loadsa piccies.

4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Now if I owned Chelsea Football club I'd buy it and turn it into a leisure complex/spa. It even has its own tram system...

5. Golf carts, that is what a place like that needs.

and white jumpsuits!

6. The Best place to buy if you plan to be BOND ENEMY and plan the take over of the world! :D

But Remember shoot the C#nt before telling him of your plan...they alway want to gloat!!! :wink:

7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

[align=center]"A spectre is haunting Europe — the spectre of communism"[/align]

[align=center][​IMG][/align]

8. Submarine bases are a bad plan for Bond enemies, explsions in tunnels, re always too tempting for Jimmy B.

Ideally Bonds enemy would set up shop in a highstreet. Mi6 cant risk collateral damage and somehow none of his enemies ever figure this out. so they build there bases in bizarre out of the way places, that must be hell to commute to.

Why not build you base in Ruislip it would be much easier to get to and bomd wouldnt be able to blow it up, without a very dull sequel - "BOND: The court martial years"

9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

So Pillager I take it your going with my health spa proposal?

10. Health spa - in Ruislip - what an excellent proposal for world domination.

Instant sunshine is what i will call it!

(with golf carts, and colour coded jumpsuits)

11. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Now I could bite ;)

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Mind you considering we are joking about the cold war, I think the residents of Ruislip and/or Northwood may have well had instant suntans :twisted:

13. Sorry old chap but as you can see me being a Jock we already have world Domination.....LOL
    And as Usual Mi6 would not find the Base till it all went very wrong,then it would tell the Yanks to bomb UK forces by mistake anyway!
    Yeh I think the Health Spa is the best Idea!

14. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Now tell me I'm wrong but wasn't the UK first a reality under James VI/I. So in actuality its a Scottish crown ;)

15. Gimme Gimme Gimme its mine 'ye hear mine!!!!