Abandoned Soldier

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bootyfootball, Jan 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You may be aware that hundreds of vets marched at trafalgar on Saturday and placed and 20ft statue to remember the forgotton who still live?

The event and coming documentary of this protest (which will be shown in the spring ) will feature on BBC Newsnight tonight..

Its featuured on the following sites in more detail

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

This could have had more support had a pm been sent to all ex members on this board. Cant sack ex squaddies can they! I for one would like to have been there with my mate 94 a raspberry ripple due to his service. He would have made it back from respite in time I know we could have added our considerable weight to this soberly!
    I for one would like to take part in future demos!
  3. I don't recall ever seeing anything on arrse asking for attendees
  4. Due to the sensitive nature and organising that got this going I asked for vets to contact me regarding homelessness and my contact number, which for personal reasons I have now removed.

The issue is we pulled it off!! And got the message aross without being stopped for organising something that involved an HGV onTrafalgar square carring a huge metal box!!
  5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I feel abandoned now!
  6. Well Done!
  7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Booty footy,

check this thread http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=56241.html

If you run another such event, make sure that people on this Board are aware and you will treble the numbers involved . Do it through the CO's rather than in a post.

Opsec good, psyops bad.

( but, again, Bravo Zulu to all involved ;-) )

Dee Billybock
  8. Regarding smewhere to put the statue, isnt there a new memorial being built at some arboretum or other.

Failing that I would put it somehwere where every MP can see it on their way to work every day. Remind them of just what their duties are.

I agree that you should have publicised on here what was going on could have made a lot more impact.
  9. Im sorry for those who were not aware but the documentary will show more of what went on before?

I believe it made a few national papers although I havent seen all the stories.

We had people representing every war since Korea and I felt humbled in meeting them all.

The post on the once a marine site explains the events surrounding Mr Ken Livingstone?

Can anyone put the pictures on here for people to see...

Sorry people have got to go now.
  10. I'm still serving, but I would've gone to the protest. I have 7 short weeks before I'm classed as Homeless and in need. The bloody housing Asssciations have there hands tied due to legislation.

This could have got so much more publicity if posted before the event. But at least its happened and old soldiers aren't sitting back and taken it.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

As I am not working at the moment I will set up the links as I did with the HBSA Bisley shoot. Multiple websites see it all without retyping!
  12. Guys, and girls, well done - keep up the excellent work. Will be watching the programme in anticipation. Lets keep the pressure on our lords and masters. Methinks it's more than about time something happened. Thank god you lot can give us who are still serving a voice.
  13. Good work. Great photographs on the link posted by Booty.

Including the inscription on the Havelock memorial in Trafalgar Square - one of the statues which Mayor Livingstone wanted to remove as "irrelevant":

I'll be watching Newsnight on BBC2 at 2230.