Abandoned post GRANBY for 3 months?

Ah - the referring to the US Army in the 3rd person threw me. It slipped my mind others had turned up d'oh :roll:

Unit seems to have been 2AD(FWD)

I don't believe it. He was trying to drive to safety in a (presumably) rough terrain forklift? That would have taken some time. And what happened to the lieutenant and his men that were supposed to be in charge of the supply dump that this idiot was working at? I expect they would have been happy to take this bozo along if they were leaving. This clown should have stayed in the camp and not slept in his forklift at the supply dump as he claims he did; he would have gotten the word. No, this whole story makes no sense and I call bullshit. He probably went over the hill from his parent unit while deployed on Desert shield/Storm and was gone for 90 days. Trying to account for his less than honorable discharge I imagine.

I don't believe it. He was trying to drive to safety in a (presumably) rough terrain forklift? That would have taken some time. And what happened to the lieutenant and his men that were supposed to be in charge of the supply dump that this idiot was working at? I expect they would have been happy to take this bozo along if they were leaving. This clown should have stayed in the camp and not slept in his forklift at the supply dump as he claims he did; he would have gotten the word. No, this whole story makes no sense and I call bullshit. He probably went over the hill from his parent unit while deployed on Desert shield/Storm and was gone for 90 days. Trying to account for his less than honorable discharge I imagine.
I shall draw your attention to the paper it is in: The Guardian. This paper will publish any old anti-military tosh!

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Its probably preparation to sue for Royalties from The Martian.

Dunno, you know... refugee camps are known for disappearing with thousands of people in 12hrs flat. Barbed wire and all.

That whole story just doesn't ring true at all.
Firstly what refugees? The Kuwaitis who did manage to get out of the country before it was fully overrun were all put up in hotels for the duration IIRC.
Secondly, his story about going out there to relieve an MHE op who'd been working for weeks without a break? We'd all been working weeks without a break. Months even and the Yanks, as far as I can tell, were in an even worse position than us for getting their guys a break.
The whole story stinks.

That whole story just doesn't ring true at all.
Firstly what refugees? The Kuwaitis who did manage to get out of the country before it was fully overrun were all put up in hotels for the duration IIRC...
The whole story stinks.
I'm not vouching for the man's story, but there was a refugee camp at Al Rafha for IRAQI refugees after the unsuccessful revolt in the Basra area. Of course for all I know he could have got that information from anywhere.