Abacus - Robbing bastards!

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by 1rtr_ohmylife, May 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Had to submit a claim as I was a victim of crime after I had a bag stolen whilst on holiday, having submitted it I was referred to a insurance accessor who came to my house said he didn't see any problems then decided to email me and I don't get paid out due to a technicality in my policy , cheers abacus I don't see you complaining when you take £70 out my bank for the past 3 - 4 years but when I need you I get shafted , ******* !! rant over : )
  2. What was the technicality?
  3. The small print where it says "we won't pay"
    • Like Like x 2
  4. That policy covered him for fire AND theft. He doesn't get paid because the bag wasn't on fire when it was stolen.
    Now, if he'd opted for our fire OR theft policy....
    • Like Like x 4
  5. It won't be ABACUS themselves, but the insurance company that underwrites their policy that has turned this down.

Out of interest, what was the reason given? If you feel it unfair, then complain and make it clear that you are making a complaint. if that doesn't work, you always have recourse to the Financial Ombudsmans Service, which is free (for you at least).

• Like Like x 1
  6. As above, turn the Ombudsman loose on them, copy the letter to the Ombudsman to them and threaten to cancel all your policies with them (which I would do anyway once the matter is settled). Sending rotting roadkill by post to the chairman of Lloyds is also a step to consider, it won't get you paid out, but it's a step to consider!
  7. The ombudsman won't get involved until the OP has followed the internal complaints procedure with ABACUS.