• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

AB 397

Can anyone tell me how I can get my hands on some AB397s. Just taken over as treasurer of a local scout group and their accounts are a real mess. They have no money to purchase any software and I also have to train someone to take over from me in just a few short months as I am off to sunnier climes. Doing it all manually (as it is only a small account) is the easiest option.

Appreciate any help.

Mac

mac5543 said:
Can anyone tell me how I can get my hands on some AB397s. Just taken over as treasurer of a local scout group and their accounts are a real mess. They have no money to purchase any software and I also have to train someone to take over from me in just a few short months as I am off to sunnier climes. Doing it all manually (as it is only a small account) is the easiest option.

Appreciate any help.

Mac
I'd echo the comment above and suggest you knock up something simple on Excel. You might be a service funds wizz, but the person coming after you then has to learn how to use a AB397.

If someone has a PC then they generally have Excel, and most people can grasp Excel if you keep it really simple.

A cash book should be sufficient if it's a small scout group, but suggest you also speak to the people in their CoC (as such it is), just in case there's something specific that they need by way of reports.

mac5543 said:

Appreciate any help.

Mac
I hope that accounts are the only thing you are looking at fiddling mate!

WOIII said:
mac5543 said:

Appreciate any help.

Mac
I hope that accounts are the only thing you are looking at fiddling mate!
he has a fair point me thinks

mac5543 said:

Appreciate any help.

Mac
My advice is clear the wedge out the tin.... book your nearest flight to RIO - wazzer it up to the max with the cash and make sure you leave a note as treasurers statement by saying you are skint... problem solved, no account to fook about with....

nice added touch you could actually curl one down in the tin as a leaving pressie, maybe decorate it with a woggle... No? Ill get my coat :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Last time I left a curly, brown one on a desk i got some quality time in the Guardroom playing the Provo Sgt's bitch. Not fun!!!

B&T....you're a bad, bad person by the way. But I like your thinking!!

Appreciate any help.

try website Software4Students.com: Find Your Cheapest Online Student Software Store full office 2010 edition (student licence) £40.00
Any youth group, eg ACF/ATC/Scouts can register and all "students" and "teachers" can purchase...

Latest Threads