AB 397

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by mac5543, Dec 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me how I can get my hands on some AB397s. Just taken over as treasurer of a local scout group and their accounts are a real mess. They have no money to purchase any software and I also have to train someone to take over from me in just a few short months as I am off to sunnier climes. Doing it all manually (as it is only a small account) is the easiest option.

Appreciate any help.

Mac

2. Speak to the service funds cell at worthy down, they've got stacks of them.

3. The easiest way would be to knock up a simple excel spreadsheet ensuring that your formulas are correct

4. I'd echo the comment above and suggest you knock up something simple on Excel. You might be a service funds wizz, but the person coming after you then has to learn how to use a AB397.

If someone has a PC then they generally have Excel, and most people can grasp Excel if you keep it really simple.

A cash book should be sufficient if it's a small scout group, but suggest you also speak to the people in their CoC (as such it is), just in case there's something specific that they need by way of reports.

5. I hope that accounts are the only thing you are looking at fiddling mate!

6. he has a fair point me thinks

7. You've got to start somewhere....look at Gary Glitter!!!

8. My advice is clear the wedge out the tin.... book your nearest flight to RIO - wazzer it up to the max with the cash and make sure you leave a note as treasurers statement by saying you are skint... problem solved, no account to fook about with....

nice added touch you could actually curl one down in the tin as a leaving pressie, maybe decorate it with a woggle... No? Ill get my coat :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

9. Last time I left a curly, brown one on a desk i got some quality time in the Guardroom playing the Provo Sgt's bitch. Not fun!!!

B&T....you're a bad, bad person by the way. But I like your thinking!!

10. Can anyone tell me how I can get my hands on some AB397s. Just taken over as treasurer of a local scout group and their accounts are a real mess. They have no money to purchase any software and I also have to train someone to take over from me in just a few short months as I am off to sunnier climes. Doing it all manually (as it is only a small account) is the easiest option.

Appreciate any help.

try website Software4Students.com: Find Your Cheapest Online Student Software Store full office 2010 edition (student licence) £40.00
    Any youth group, eg ACF/ATC/Scouts can register and all "students" and "teachers" can purchase...